Chapter 4 : Trepidation

Definition of Trepidation :-

A feeling of anxiety about something that may happen.

【Season's POV】

⠀⠀⠀⠀The time for the war between Caelestialis and Ominosus soon approaches as day and night countlessly pasts. Alchemists and engineers unite under one roof to prepare the land for the war, men train diligently in the training grounds and weapon keepers inspect every single aspect of the weapon room. Will we be able to pull through this war, especially with the rumoured Twelve Chinese Zodiac Warriors? I don't know for sure, either.

⠀⠀⠀⠀The Ominosus emerge victorious in majority battles due to the simple fact of their elitist members of the vanguard dubbed as the Twelve Chinese Zodiac Warriors. They each hold a special tarot card adapted from the Chinese Zodiac animals and have the ability to summon special powers depending on their individuality. These powers are deemed of a completely new level and have the power to annihilate many erected walls made specially to keep these vanguard elitists at bay, but to no apparent avail. No one knows the extent of form of their power, because no one has ever witnessed them and lived to tell the tale.

⠀⠀⠀⠀But, of course. Caelestialis have their own elitists. I removed them from the vanguard and had them sent as a special task force unit. Using them as vanguards would be of minimal outcome, especially since our 'inside' has to be the strongest. We need to have a strong core in order to be able to persevere throughout the entire battle. Our special task force is dubbed the Elements, which consists of the four elemental mages and knights - Infernus, Azure, Viridis, Gentilis. I look out of the window as night dawns upon the land. Moonlight shines precariously through the transparent windows into the room, creating a small illuminated pathway. The scenery calm, but there is tension in the air. The world is silent, and for a split second, my mind is clear. Following the lighted pathway, my bare feet trails along the wooden floor as well as the long hem of my nightgown. The night is silent and calm. But how long will this placidity last?

【Third Person POV】

⠀⠀⠀⠀Meredith is seen walking around in circles in front of one of the windows in the secluded hallway. Her thoughts lost in her mind, emotions cloud her judgement as she wears a look of worry.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Is her decision correct? This is truly unfair! How can she just bombard into the castle and make such decisions?! What is Queen Alvena thinking? What's more, is that the men all agree with her, even Azure...

⠀⠀⠀⠀At that moment, a certain blue haired knight in armour walked through the corridors, soaking wet. Water dripped from his wet articles of clothing, onto the burgundy carpets as he walked through the corridors, sighing softly and ruffling his own hair. "... Azure... Why are you drenched...?" She asked him calmly with a worried expression.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"... It's nothing at all," he replied, brushing past her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Is it because of Princess Season...? Did it start raining during your expedition...?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What happens when the Princess and I are together is honestly none of your concern, Meredith," he murmured to his childhood friend, stopping to speak and clench his fists.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"... You were never like this to me before," she began, hurt in her tone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"... Leave yourself at peace, Meredith. Don't mingle in my concerns. "

⠀⠀⠀⠀Her eyes scanned his gear thoroughly. Something was missing. "Where's your undercoat?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"None of your business," he said, beginning to walk.