Chapter 2 : Anarchy

Definition of Anarchy :-

A society without a publicly enforced government

【Season's POV】

⠀⠀⠀⠀A blinding light forced it's way into my eyes as I squinted, trying to make out of what predicament I was in. The last thing I remember clearly was being hovered through the air in Infernus' hands. I recall nothin after that. My eyes soon adjusted to the fragile ribbon of light that shone through a small gap between two burgundy curtains. I was in a large bed, my petite frame laying against a soft bed made for royalty. I was rid of my school uniform and now dressed in what seemed to be a medieval dress. I sat up on the bed as a creaking sound rung in the air at my left, I turned to look as my neck cracked away the stiffness. "Good evening, Milady. I hope you are feeling better compared to the predicament you were previously in," a soft voice echoed throughout the room, filling my ears. "... I still don't get all those 'Milady' and 'Princess' stuff. Where're the guys I came with?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because you are my daughter," a lady, wearing a white dress that swept the floor as she walked entered the room. She had skin as pale as death and auburn hair.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" The sudden news shocked me overall as I laid my eyes onto the pale woman before me. She appeared as if she was on the verge of collapsing, as if she just rose from a bed in the surgical theatre. I'm not even sure if she should be moving in that state. "That aside, should you even be mobile in that state of yours?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, I have to greet my daughter, don't I?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you mean 'daughter'? I just met you. Plus, my parents both died when I was young,"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah, so that was the lie that Marithilda came up with," her soft voice rang softly and echoed in the room. She stood by the window. "You're a royal member of the city of Caestialis. One day, the country of Ominosus attacked our land which is rich in minerals and--"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Before this, confirm that you are a blood relative to me. "

⠀⠀⠀⠀"And how may I do that?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"M-Milady... Do you not want to admit your mother...?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I've spent fifteen years living the hell of being alone and cast aside. Whether I admit her as my mother or not, has no effect or change upon me whatsoever. Since 'Caestialis' is probably in the Medieval Era judging by the apparel I am clad in, you probably have no blood test machines or any technology. Please bring me a bowl of pure water and two clean knives." The servant from before returned swiftly with a metallic gold tray consisting of a copper bowl and two small knives. My supposed mother sat at the opposite end of the bed as I handed her the knife. "If our blood mixes, we are blood relatives," I said, staring her directly in the eye. Obviously if she was lying, she wouldn't even take hold of the knife. But, she did so anyway. Holding her wrist out, she brushed the blade against her pale skin as blood dripped out of the small wound, falling into the bowl of clear water below. She did not look up to face me, but just addressed her wound with a small cloth and set aside the knife. I put my wrist out and did the same, the blood falling into the water. The two drops of blood circulated around each other as I stared intently at it. If we have no blood relation, they won't mix at all. Within seconds, they combined.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"..." I uttered no words as she cleared her throat. Was she even apologetic for abandoning me? I know that it was at the sake of my safety, but did she even think to bring me back. "I know what is on your mind, my daughter. Why did we not come and salvage you anytime sooner? The reason is, the Ominosus have not given up since fifteen years ago. The only reason why you have been called back is because Caelestialis faces anarchy. Your father has left, and you understand my state. With anarchy, the Ominosus can easily take over."