Chapter 9 - DreamCatcher

Thank you all so much for 1K reads!! It means so much to me for this book to have hit 1000 reads so soon!
As a thank you here is an update that I wasn't planing on posting for another couple of days!
Enjoy x

(Chloe POV)

I know how much Beca hates movies, which is why I can feel her body getting heavy as it falls against my own.

We are about 30 minutes into 'Finding Dory' and I can hear Beca's breathing getting heavier by the minute.

I look to the left to see her head now dropped to the side and is beginning to lean closer to my shoulder.

I take this opportunity to lean further back into the couch so I was slightly more comfortable before I feel her head connect with my shoulder.

I don't know if she is fully asleep or just on the edge of sleep but I don't move, I don't want to risk disturbing her.

I let my eyes flicker around the group of girls, some were snuggled together, some were wrapped in blankets or eating popcorn, but all eyes were trained on the TV.

I pull the blanket that was sitting across my lap up gently, pushing so it was now spread across Beca too.

When I first offered it to her she would take it, by now she doesn't have a choice and she can't complain because she is asleep.

Without moving my arm that she is resting against too much I finally got it spread across her lap so she was now underneath the blanket with me.

I focus my eyes back onto the TV, trying to get my mind back into the movie.

But Beca begins to shift her weight beside me, shifting closer slightly as both of her arms circle around my one arm she is resting against, her fingers are cold as she presses them against my warm forearm.

At first I think I might have woken her up, but she lets out a small sigh and then becomes still once again, not moving a muscle.

I look down at her small figure curled up next to me... when she is asleep she looks a lot less scary and intimidating.

She actually looks kind of cute.... god she would kill me if I ever told her that.

I go to look back at the screen but a set of eyes catch mine.

Cynthia Rose is looking directly back at me, in the dark room I can still see her eyes flickering to Beca and back to me as they are illuminated slightly by the TV light.

It's barley visible, but the smallest smile makes its way onto her face, but it isn't a happy smile.

It looks almost sad... or sympathetic.

I let my eyebrows crease slightly but she just looks away and back to the TV screen. I can feel Beca's warm breath run across the top of my arm as I look away from Cynthia Rose and back to the TV.

(Beca POV)

"Beca? Bec?" I hear her voice first, then I feel her hands gently shaking me, "it's time for bed" she whispers again.

Where am I?

I can feel the events of my dream still running through my memory. My dads face... my moms face... the step monster.