Angela's Descent

You can't!" The desperate cries of the young angel with rainbows glistening in her pure white hair fell on deaf ears for her wholly white senior continued walking.

The younger angel grasped on to the elder's robes and began to plead with all her might. "Angela, please listen! Master will be angry with you for killing his children!"

Angela yanked her lovely white garments from the little angel's fists as if she were afraid her junior would soil them. "Know your place, choir girl!" she hissed. "Those abominations you call God's children are evil! Sinners! All that is not pure and just deserves to be destroyed!"

"They can't all be evil! Master made them," the younger angel protested.

Angela's livid expression turned to one of superior sympathy. "Celest, the world below is not like Heaven. It is corrupted by the power of Satan."

The name was enough to make the young angel's budding wings shiver with anxiety and shut down any arguement she had. The older angel patted her hair. "There there, young one. Soon, all of Satan's wickedness will be undone and love and peace will rein once more in Heaven and on Earth," she said soothingly.

With those parting words, Angela left to bring death and destruction to those whom Satan had influenced. The young angel watched her go, more sad and confused then she had ever felt before. What had Angela meant by 'corrupted by Satan's power?' Was he really so prevailant? Somehow, the young angel just couldn't believe that was true. Didn't God beat Satan when he sent Jesus to kill sin? Didn't that mean that there was still some good on Earth?

Celest knew then that she had to find out for herself.

So without another thought, she went to the spot where she had seen Angela descend and followed suit.