Chapter 3: Half Empty (Luna's POV)

It has been three days since the operation. My voice wasn't back to normal yet and I forgot how to drink even a simple water. Stuck in the hospital cause of my condition was not yet stable.

"How are you?" Yoongi asked.

I gestured no. Then his eyes became softer. "If only I can take away the pain, I would."

"Aah. Don't make me laugh. It still hurts." I said with a hoarse voice.

"What did I do?" He protested while trying to hold back his laugh.

When I was about to respond, we were interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. "Come in." Yoongi announced still looking at me smiling to himself. Like memorizing my every detail.

"Hi Doc Handsome." Doctor Cassandra greeted flirtatiously. Yoongi's expression became sour. He never liked it when someone flirts with him. Maybe because I'm around and he knew I would tease him. Though I knew that he was a certified hard-to-get kind of guy.

I weakly smile at the newcomer and gestured for her to have a seat.

"So, let's discuss about the result." She suddenly sounded irritated. Giving me glares and annoyed look.

Uh-oh am I in trouble? This is Yoongi's fault. He should at least greeted her. As if on cue, he suddenly held my hand and gripped it tightly. I looked at him and gone was the smiling angel. His dim expression was so cold and untouchable. It frightens me. Almost.

"Your biopsy result is not so good. As you knew you have a lump on your neck and based on the result it is micro-carcinoma papilliary."

I gestured for her to stop but she didn't listen. "This is the most common type of thyroid cancer since your tumor is less than 2mm diameter." She continued not minding me. not bothering to explain in detail everything.

"Since you acquired it thru your mum's genes there is a chance that it will happen again thus we need to do the following: first, have your blood checked every quarter for the first two years then after that we can move to semi-annual checking of your blood; second, we need to have your neck ultrasound once a year to make sure that there are no tumors; and lastly, you need to take the radioactive iodine."

I started to get dizzy with all the information handed to me and Yoongi noticed that I became very still. With a sigh, "Let me explain it to you." He calmly said. Weew~! How could you be so calm Doctor Snow?! I screamed on top of my head.

"The blood test determines your hormonal balance and the dosage of the medicine you need to take. Mind you, that medicine, you will take it everyday as long as you live. While the neck ultrasound determines if you still have any tumors or new tumors. It is important that we monitor it at least once a year so we could prevent it. And the radioactive iodine is a post-surgery treatment which ablate any remaining tissue in your neck or to treat any cancer particles that might spread out in your lymph nodes." Then I saw the window to his soul. The tears he tried so hard to hold back, the fear that one day I'll be gone too soon, all of it nakedly showing before me.

With these revelations, I felt like something was smothering me. Swimming in my own thoughts, lost in my own world.

"Ehem! Excuse me. I must go now." Doctor Cassandra walked out of the room. Silence befell upon us. I had a major information overload. I couldn't process anything they had said.

"Here drink this." I didn't notice that Yoongi take a glass of water. The glass was half empty.

What will I become now?