Deidara- Opposites Attract (one shot)

(This one shot is set in modern times and as such the Akatsuki aren't ninja they are just a gang)

"I cook and I clean for you boys and not one of you ever says a word of thanks!" You stomped around the Akatsuki base throwing your hands around in annoyance.
Itachi laughed at you sitting on the stool. "What did he do this time y/n?"
Your eye twitched as you remembered your idiotic boyfriend being a complete and utter idiot.

Flashback
"I wanna watch a movie y/n not some crappy TV show." Deidara whined. Tugging the remote from your hand he proceeded to put on the most overrated film in history.
The Titanic.
"Emm excuse me? It's MY turn to pick. Suck it up and watch the cutest man alive on TV as Dr Spencer Reid." (anyone that has watched Criminal minds will know what I mean😍....moving on....) with that you snatched the remote back from your boyfriend. The blond looked shocked. And slightly annoyed.
"You know I hate these stupid goddamn tv shows. Movies are where it's at. Now give me my Titanic! I want to cry over the beautiful love story of Jack and Rose."
Breathing calmly, you glared at your boyfriend with such intensity. Daring him to say one more thing about changing the channel.
He held up his hands in mock surrender, the tattoos of mouths on his hands mocking you with there ever changing smiles.
"Just because you can't appreciate a classicly beautiful love story..." He grumbled. Pouting.
Oh that was it. "If you don't stop interrupting my eye candy talking on my favourite show then YOU won't have your own bloody love story." And with that you flipped your h/l h/c hair.
End of flashback 

Itachi laughed, am actually full and hearty laugh. "You are pissed at him for ruining your 'eye candy on your favourite show'?" You gave a single nod.
Hearing it out loud, it was ridiculous.
"Y/n, you two are so different. You both know it'll never last. If you argue over something that simple how on earth do you thing you will cope with something major?"
Itachi may have been a big bad gang member but that didn't stop you from flinging the pint of orange juice you were preparing yourself over his head.
After all, you were like a Mamma to most of these boys (despite being younger than all of them). You had no fear of a single one of them.

Deidara
"I mean you see why this would cause an upset for me, ye?" Deidara huffed. Skuffing his shoes as he and Sasori sauntered down the street closer to the hideout.
Not that Sasori was listening.
"Sasori my man. Are you even listening, hm?"
Sasori sighed. Clearly annoyed. "No explosions are not art. Can we move on?"
Deidara rolled his crystal blue eyes. "A) yes it is and B) that was not even what I was talking about man. Listen."

Flashback 
You sat on Deidara's lap on the bed. Placing a kiss on his collar bone as he held you tightly to him.
That had been a close one.
That guy had just missed a major artery with that shot to the place his neck met his shoulder. If it had hut that he would have been dead.
He would have left you with no real proof of how he felt about you. And thought you had only been dating 6 months Deidara held absolute certainty in his heart that one day you would be the woman he married. He was serious about you.
And if he were to die, he wanted you to know that.
"You could have left me today Deidara." You sobbed into his other shoulder that hadn't been shot. "You can't do that again. You can't. No more jobs for them. I won't loose you to a fucking gang war." Your hands tangled in his long blond hair, scratching his scalp the way he loved.
"Y/n, baby, calm down. I'm fine. I'm still here aren't I? You really think I'd leave you without having a ring on it so everyone, especially Itachi, knew who you belonged to?" Deidara smiled a little when you stopped snuffling.
Wait what?!
Your head snapped up and you looked at him alarmed.
"What?" He asked. Tilting his head in confusion.
"You genuinely just admitted you want to marry me." You blurted out. He nodded, still confused. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" You squeaked out.
"Wait what? I thought that was what all woman wanted to hear there man say, ye?" Deidara was so confused. Really confused. Why did none of the girl rules apply to you?
"We have been dating for 6 months 7 days Deidara. Marriage is wayyyyyy far off."
"I move quickly." He shrugged. "I see what I want and I'm not going to pussyfoot around it, I'm going to grab it with both hands. And I only have one hand plus a pinky on you. You are what I want. Why does it matter how long I've known that?"
"I like to move slowly. De, you know I love you. Your what I want to, but what if we aren't set to last? I don't want a ring on my finger until I'm sure that it's never coming off." You smiled a small insecure smile toward your boyfriend.
"You wore Itachi's ring." He pointed out.
You almost sweat dropped. "That was a harribo De. A harribo."
End of flashback

"So you get it, ye?" Deidara asked. Sasori just looked at the boy, bored.
"I get that you two are to different to ever work yes. Face it Deidara, if you were meant to be why don't you have anything in common?"
Deidara couldn't answer that.
He didn't want to answer that.

Y/n
"Thought I couldn't want you, more than I did before, but everyday I love you a little bit more!" You sang softly along to the radio as you washed the dishes. You needed something to take your mind off of Deidara. He was meant to be back an hour ago. Where was he? Was he ok? Was he injured? Had Sasori got so sick and tired of him that he killed him? Why hadn't he called? Was he coming back? Had he left to go to a different country and leave you for some hot Spanish girl with a more curvy frame?
The cup you were washing smashed in the water, a few of the shards slicing you and making you wince in pain as the nippy soapy water got into the small cuts.
Well, maybe you WERE a little possessive of him after all.
Who knew.
"Baby what the hell happened?" Came an all to familiar voice. A voice belonging to the man you loved.
"Deidara!" You spun into his chest and encircled him in a death hug. "I missed you." You mumbled with your face on his shirt, burying into his chest. Oh the extra work outs are sooooo paying off...
"I'm gone for a few days and your cutting yourself because your life isn't worth living without me? Damn Baby, I always knew I had an effect on you just not that it was so profound." You both laughed.
"So how was your trip? Not to dangerous right?" You stated going back to washing dishes. Well, trying.
"Em just what do you think your doing Baby? You dry, I'll wash. That cut of yours isn't getting infected. I am many things, sexy being one, but I won't pull off that nurses outfit the way you do Babe." He sent you a wink that made you laugh and blush profusely. You did not need to be reminded of the times you were feeling bold.
You both talked as you washed and dried the plates, about anything and everything.
It was always fun with him.
Speaking of which....
After you were both done you cleaned the sink, running the warm water you grabbed your dishtowl and soaked it. Deidara was room busy trying to find the nearest Caramel Wafer to notice you creeping up behind him with the dripping town and flinging it at him. The rag hut the back of his head.
Oops.
He turned around with that playful glint in his blue eyes. "You better not let me catch you Baby. If you do, I'm going to tickle you."
You squeaked and ran, giggling as you headed straight for your bedroom. Right before you got to touch the handle a pair of strong arms wound there way around your stomach and tickled.
"S-stop!" You laughed and laughed as he continued.
"Tell me what I want to hear and I'll stop." He teased. What he wanted you to say was sorry, but he figured just to add a little mystery.
"I love you and I want to marry you" You laughed.
Deidara instantly froze. So did you.  That wasn't meant to come out.
Aww to hell with it.
6 months 9 days or not, you would marry that man.

And you did, about a year later you two married. You were a young couple to marry so waited a few years to have kids bit you did have a baby girl 5 years later. Deidara was clueless, but as time went on he became more confident with his daughter. And though those difference were always there, and you often argued over who got the remote, you stayed together for the rest of your lives. Life wasn't perfect, but the fun you had with Deidara made everything ok. You may have been opposites, but like magnets you were drawn together because opposites attract.