Chapter 3

Renee woke up with a little bit of headache, it couldn't have been because of the drinks she thought. Every now and then she gets migraine but this wasn't it either. Standing up from the bed, she lazily stretched and puts her reading eyeglasses on and clicked on the TV. She went into the bathroom to brush her hair, wash her face and then pulled her robe off from the hanger to head into the kitchen.

The sound of the morning CNN news filled her bedroom as she walks out of it. She doesn't really watch the TV, she turns it on out of habit- as background noise, as if doing that will make her feel less alone.

She powers on the coffee maker and prepare her cup of black coffee. She stretches again while waiting for the coffee to brew and took a bottle of water from the fridge.

She  walks towards the window and opened up the blinds to watch the world outside her.

It is a nice sunny day, Renee smiled as she smells the scent of the freshly brewed coffee and heard the sound of the last drop of it in her cup which signals it was ready.

She remembered what she said last night to Ethan and although she was half-joking she was considering traveling only for the sake of what her plan is. She can go the extra mile to meet someone who might be just the perfect candidate for her purposes.

She smiled, she didn't think this could give her an unknown excitement about something that might not even happen.

She shook her head and thought she might be crazy but knew she isn't and that she wants it to happen.

The question is with whom and when-that's what she is most curious about.

Renee applied a light hint of blush on and eyeshadow and a lipgloss- it was an almost a no-makeup look. She doesn't like to put strong and heavy make up whenever possible and she doesn't really need it anyway.

Then off she goes-to work, her usual grind for the day.