Chapter 1

"Renee Simmons! Looking good! You are still gorgeous! " compliments Ethan Kim, of British-Korean descent but now lives in New York as the company's General Manager. Physically good looking himself, he was always playful around her, and doesn't hide the fact that he is attracted to her.

Renee smiled.

"Hello there yourself Mr. Kim. You're blazing hot like the sun as ever,too! Not bad yourself I must say. Not bad at all.." she teases back.

Outside of the office they are friends, it was hard not to be friends with a funny and charming Ethan.

They agreed to have a drink at the end of the day when work is done, Ethan just came back from his Dubai business trip.

Sitting at the stool by the bar, Ethan grinned as he kisses both her cheeks when she joined him.

Renee smiled, she considers him a good friend and comfortable around him, he is one year younger than her - she ignores his boldness and manages to casually consider it as his jokes which sometimes he insist that they're not.

Renee eyed his drink, "What are you having? It looks good...." she asks as she settled on the seat next to him.

"They call it Taken to Task , vodka, lemon juice, orange bitters, and berries, highly recommended. You should try it...." he said.

"Sounds interestingly good. Sure, I will have that. So, Ethan- how was Dubai? Next time I should think I should take a business trip,too. I have been glued to this office for quite a while and I think I need to breath a fresher air," Renee said.

"Whoa..is that you talking Renee? I sense a change of how the wind blows, are you sure you're okay? I can remember quite clearly that you hate to travel especially if it is for business. Hmmmmm you're surprising me.." he said looking at her intently.

"I am still a woman, remember that. I am entitled to change my mind.." she said, smiling at him.

He nodded and took another sip of his drink.

"I am VERY MUCH aware of that fact, Renee don't you think? You're the one who sometimes forget that you are one. Is that something that should keep my hopes high?" he teased.

Renee laughed. 

"Hopes? For what? Ethan...Ethan...you deserve someone who will love you. I know you're the romantic type. Sadly, I am not. I may change a little bit, but don't be too surprised. I am still the same Renee who doesn't believe in getting entangled emotionally with your kind. Although if I was a regular woman, I would seriously consider you Ethan. But, I am not a regular woman, you know that.." Renee said.

"Geeez...." he said grinning, " I am not surprised to hear that from you but thank you if you think of me that way. I wonder though, if one day everything that you're saying to me now will all just be history especially if you finally meet your match," he added.

"I doubt it Ethan. How can I met my match if I wasn't setting any standards for anyone to meet it? I am happy the way my life is right now, although- I would really want a little bit of change, just a little bit," she said then finished what remains of her drink.

Ethan studied her, quizzical of her thoughts. He's always been like that to her. She knew he treats her special, but he knows his limit with her, the boundaries he shouldn't cross. 

After they finished their drink. Renee told him she has to go home. She didn't really drink a lot so she wasn't drunk. She knew her limit with alcohol. One or two is more than enough for her. She is afraid to make a fool of herself, especially outside the comfort of her own home. Even if she is someone she is comfortable with, like Ethan.

Ethan walked her home. A leisurely walk. 

As she reached the front of the building where she lives, she said goodnight to him. 

He quickly gave her a quick kiss on her cheek as they normally do.

"Thanks Ethan, see you at work tomorrow.."  she said.

"Goodnight Renee...rest well.." Ethan said.

She smiled, nodded and turned to walk inside the main entrance of the building, where a uniformed doorman opened the door for her.

She said thank you and walked past him.

Pressing the button on the elevator, she waited as the door opens. 

She thought about her plan again, she thought about Ethan. She smiled.

Ethan. He would've been a good choice, but she doesn't want to get her personal affairs mixed with business. They work together, and she wouldn't want any one who knows her personally- especially someone she considers a friend somehow. 

She took off her shoes and sat on her couch, stretching her leg on the length of it. 

She massaged her temple, closed her eyes and relaxed her body.

Wondering if she will really meet someone who can qualify to the requirements she imposed. She wondered how long will it take for her to find one and make sure her plan is realized.