FAQ for It's the Rainbow Way Awards

Hello there! Welcome to the first It's the Rainbow Way Awards "sponsored" by the @lgbtqiagenrepet1tion and myself ;-D  

@murphybyrne started the  @lgbtqiagenrepet1tion, which was set in place in the hopes of changing Wattpad's mind about having an LGBT category. She's been quite diligent, as have so many people who follow and participate in the petition. Coming up with this idea yesterday, I thought it might help to bring further attention to the petition as well as give recognition to LGBT writers, readers, and supporters. 

So, below you will find an FAQ on how this will work. In the next part I'll discuss specifics about the nominations/categories, and the third part is where you may actually nominate. C'mon, let's all get involved and maybe have some fun! BTW, if you haven't checked it out already, please go to the  @lgbtqiagenrepet1tion board--maybe follow and vote on the chapters so we may try to boost that book up the ranking ladder :-D 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/LGBTQIAGENREPET1TION

***********************************

Q1. What will the winners of the It's the Rainbow Way awards win?
A1. Since I don't have actual ITRW trophies to offer, every winner will at least receive a dedication in this book upon the results being revealed.

Q2. May I nominate/vote for myself?
A2. You may not nominate yourself, but if you make it to the top seven, you may vote for yourself. Unless you tell, it'll just be between you and I ;-)

Q3. How many times may I nominate someone and vote?
A3. Once per category.

Q4. Where should I nominate/vote?
A4. You may place nominations in this book, leave them on my message board, or inbox me if you wanna be on the down low ;-D As for the voting stage, although you're free to publicly say whom you voted for, please only cast your votes through my inbox.

Q5. Can a person be nominated for more than one category?
A5. Yes, they may. It's quite possible to win Greatest Novel, Loveliest Romance, and Outstanding Original Plot for the same story. Lookit you, you triple threat you!

Q6. What if I've already nominated or voted, but change my mind?
A6. Much like a game show, once you submit your requests for nominations/votes, I will consider them locked in. No take backs if you remember that you liked another fictional couple or short story better. (Attempting to sound tough yet failing miserably) Yeah, I'm hard like that ;-D

Q7. Do I have to give all intended nominations/votes at the same time?
A7. No. You may nominate/vote on the best writing categories on Monday, decide on Best Character Cast on Tuesday, and take care of the rest on Thursday. Also, it isn't necessary to nominate/vote every category.

Q8. How many nominees will make it to the voting stage?
A8. I've decided on a maximum of seven in honor of every color of the rainbow ;-) However, depending on how popular the nomination phase is not every category may have that many.

Q9. How are the final seven chosen?
A9. Those with the most nominations or nominated the soonest. If there are ties--say three people each have been nominated for Awesome Author five times, then it will go in order of time of those nominations. So, the first to reach five noms would definitely make it to the voting stage.

Q10. How does a work qualify to be nominated?
A10. From G to R-rated is fine. The story must be completed and of course LGBT related. As for poems, if nominating a collection for Phenomenal Poetry, it may be open-ended. Phenomenal Poetry may be one poem or a collection as long as the majority of them fall under LGBT.

Q11. How do I nominate a specific category such as Sensational Love Scene?
A11. Give the writer's Wattpad name, the story title, and the specific chapter where the love scene is located.You may also copy/paste the direct link.

Q12. May I nominate/vote more than once if I have another Wattpad account?
A12. I'd appreciate it if you didn't. Don't be naughty now ;-)

Q13. If I've been nominated, may I also nominate and vote?
A13. But of course, daaahling. Just remember that you may not nominate yourself.

Q14. How long does the nomination period last?
A14. Shooting for a week to get nominations in.

Have any other questions? Just holler at me in the comments section, my message board, or by private message.