Dark Path

Bruce is meeting with a stranger in a abandoned wear house. This stranger is not human and Bruce was prepared for what might happen. When he arrives he is escorted inside by one of the stranger's followers. Bruce sits down at a table and begins to chat with the stranger.

The stranger,"How are you doing today?"

Bruce,"Why am I here and what do you want?"

The stranger,"I see you're someone who likes to get right to the point. I like that. Very well. I called you here to ask you to be on my side."

Bruce,"Why should I be on your side? You obviously don't know who I am."

The stranger,"I know a great deal about you. I know you are LoyalDog. Someone who has honor,is creative,and is there for the people you care about. But sadly that doesn't stop people from walking out on you."

Bruce,"What's your point?"

The stranger,"You're loyal to a lot of people. But how many are actually loyal to you. I bet not that many."

Bruce,"That's not true!"

The stranger,"Oh please I can see it in your eyes. You have doubt. You don't even believe you should be a loyal dog anymore cause of what you go through with people. But in my opinion I think you just haven't found the right people who deserve your loyalty."

Bruce,"And what would someone like you know about loyalty? I hear fiends like you step on the toes of anyone you have to to get ahead and if someone gets out of line you execute them where they stand. Doesn't matter if they're a friend or ally."

The stranger,"Some of that is true. I have a low tolerance for the weak and if I feel someone has served their purpose with me I get rid of them depending on the individual. And speaking of individuals you're someone I have had my eye on for quite awhile. You're different from anyone in existence. I hear from almost every female that you're kind hearted and a teddy bear but that's not the kind of shit I'm interested in."

Bruce,"Then what do you want from me?"

The stranger,"The real you. Whenever you get angry you become a killing machine in pretty much any game you play and when your blood boils you become a threat. The kind that if you had power you'd tear this world a new one. It's that kind of evil I seek. I could use someone like you to make me stronger." (Smiles devilishly)

Bruce,"Use? You know how sick and tired I am of being taken advantage of,stabbed in the back,or just plain left behind?!?! Why the fuck should I let it continue to happen?"

The stranger,"You misunderstand. I don't want to use you in the general sense of discarding you like garbage afterwards. I think you'd be a great edition to my team. And unlike other people I would never hurt you or just leave you behind. I can give you something you've always wanted."

Bruce,"There's nothing you can offer me."

The stranger,"No? Not even what you desire the most which is true power?"

Bruce,"Yea right."

The stranger grins then makes a ball of fire appear in the palm of his hand.

Bruce,"What the fuck?"

The stranger,"Believe me now?"

Bruce,"......well let's just say you got my attention."

The stranger,"Good. Now here's the thing. I am perfectly capable of giving you power. You may do and act as you see fit. Even get revenge on the one person you hate more than anyone on this pitiful planet but....."

Bruce,"I should've known their was a catch. What do you want?"

The stranger,"I want your special promise."

Bruce didn't say anything. He looked at the stranger with anger in his hands. He stood up and reached behind his back for the gun he had stashed away. He pulled it out and aimed it at the stranger's head. The stranger's people aimed their guns at Bruce and prepared to smoke him. Just as they were about to pull the trigger the stranger spoke.

The stranger,"Everyone put your weapons away! That's an order!" (Eyes flash red)

The stranger's people did as they were told.

The stranger,"Have I said something to upset you Bruce?"

Bruce,"Upset? No. You just made me realize that's all you want from me. Because of four people I met in my life I've changed and become a person that doesn't take bullshit from anyone and they also opened up my eyes to almost everyone having a secret agenda. I'm tired of being screwed with!"

The stranger,"My dear boy. I have no intention of being like the fake people you've met. I just wanted your special promise for insurance. You give people that promise when you feel they have earned it. And the point of the promise is so people you give it to know that no matter how bad they mistreat you they can count on you for life."

Bruce stood there for a moment still holding the gun but thinking.

The stranger,"I suppose it was unfair of me to ask that of you without giving you something to show that I am a being of my word. Allow me to make up for that."

The stranger stood up then rolled up his sleeves revealing demonic looking like tattoos. He looked at Bruce and his eyes turned black with white circles in the middle. Bruce felt a little scared. The stranger raised his arms and said in a deep heavy voice,"Relax." Bruce couldn't move at that point,not cause he was frozen with fear but because the stranger rendered his body movements impossible some how. The stranger's hands glowed purplish black. The second they did Bruce's body lifted off the ground a little. The stranger pulled him towards himself. When Bruce was close enough the stranger out his hands on Bruce's chest then closed his eyes.

The stranger,"I can hear your heart beating fast. You need to relax or what I'm about to do could kill you."

Bruce grunted and struggled to say,"What.....the....hell are....you.....doing?"

The stranger opened his eyes and his hands was fully charged with electrical like power which he then focused it to enter Bruce's body. Upon entry it was very painful. Bruce's skin had cracks in it from the electrical power that entered his body. He grunted a lot trying his best not to scream out in pain. After a few more minutes it was over. The stranger released his grip on Bruce and he hit the floor. Bruce moved slowly and gasped for air. The stranger stood over him with an altered appearance. His body had become grayish black,his skin was statue like,his face demonic with two horns on his head,his eyes glowing purple,and he had a set of gray wings and a tail. Bruce felt like he was staring death in the face and for some reason wasn't frightened. The stranger spoke.

The stranger,"There we go. You now have a small fraction of my power. When you are able to move feel free to take it for a test drive. If you like what you can do then seek me out and I'll make you stronger after you've given me your special promise that is. If you're not satisfied then here...."

The stranger pulled out something from his pocket and sat it on the table.

The stranger,"This is (insert name here). All you have to do is eat it and in a day or so you'll be back to being a human. A weak pathetic human."

The stranger then turned his attention to his people and said,"Alright were done here. Let's go!"

The stranger started to walk away then stopped when Bruce grabbed him by his ankle. Bruce was still weak from what had happened to him. But he managed to ask him a question.

Bruce,"Who.....are....you?"

The stranger smiled and said,"Jericho. One of the strongest demons in hell."

Bruce passed out and they left.