Chapter 4: Explain

Jaiden sighed as she crawled into bed, her eyes red and puffy from crying in between cut audio from her recording. Her eyes were beginning to shut, and she was about to fall asleep, but you suddenly walked into the room, the creaky door startling her.

"Uh, Y/N?"

She examined you, seeing your tear stained cheeks and dull eyes. Confused, she sat up and made her way over to you.

"Y/N? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

You pulled your phone out and opened it to YouTube, the video popping up on screen. Jaiden's eyes widened slightly as her breath hitched.

"O-Oh......that......"

"Jaiden...."

"L-Listen, I-I can explain. I-"

"Why didn't you tell me this was going on?!"

Jaiden stepped back in fear. You had never raised your voice before....

Why did you sound angry about this?

"Y/N...."

"Jaiden, I can't believe how careless you were being. You thought no one would care, but you have no idea how much you matter. Jaiden, there are so many people who would never care less about you than you do about your career."

Jaiden looked down in shame, tears strolling down her face. You gently cupped her cheek and made her look at you. She frowned.

"I'm sorry Y/N, but I didn't know who to talk to....I didn't know.....who I could trust....."

"Jaiden. You could've trusted SO many people! Your mother, your father, your brother, anyone! You could've trusted.....me.......you could've trusted me too....."

You backed away, slightly hurt. Jaiden looked away as she grabbed your hand, rubbing it carefully with her thumb. You stared at her.

"I'm so sorry Y/N......I didn't want you to worry about me.....I didn't know you would even care....or.....have the time for me......"

"Jaiden, don't be ridiculous! Of course I'm going to worry about you! You're one of the only people I care about!"

"B-But....why? I'm useless.....I've got no business whatsoever in anything, so what's the point of my existence?"

"Jaiden...."

"I-I'm so sorry!!"

Jaiden hugged you tightly and sobbed into your shirt. Both of you fell to the floor, your arms latched onto Jaiden, afraid to let go.

"I....I just thought.....that if I didn't match anyone's expectations.....then I wouldn't ever succeed in anything.....and then no one would care...."

At this point, both of you were bawling, curled up against each other. Jaiden was resting in your arms while you leaned against the wall. Her thin figure was almost unbearable to look at, as you could see her ribs through the thin t-shirt she was wearing.

(I don't think she got that thin, but I'm trying to add a little emotion)

You ran your hands along her back, whispering "It's okays" and "I'm here for you's" into her ear. Eventually, she fell asleep in your arms. You knew you'd have to talk to her about it more when she woke up, but for now, she just needed to rest. It wasn't going to do much, but it would help her relax a bit.

You picked her up and put her in her bed, tucking her in. Crawling in to the sheets that were on the mattress, you closed your eyes. But you were soon interrupted by a cold figure pressed against your side, wrapping their arms around your waist.

You opened your eyes and looked down to see Jaiden huddled up against your side, fast asleep with her head resting on your chest. You sighed and smiled, running a hand through her hair. You kissed her forehead and whispered one thing to her before drifting off into a deep, yet peaceful slumber.

"I love you Jaiden...."

(Hey! So, sorry about the short chapter, I didn't know what else to add in. Maybe I'll edit it later to make it a bit longer and better, but for now, I'm just going to leave it as it is. Hope you enjoyed! Bye!)