Finally...

Cheri and I sat in silence for what felt like hours. I finally arrived at her house and waited for her to get out so I could have a panic attack but she just sat there.

Eventually, I said irritably, "Get out."

She smirked, "So you can go see your boyfriend?"

"You heard him," my volume unintentionally rose, "There's no way he's planning to talk about anything good."

"He may not think it's good because he thinks you're straight," she reasoned.

"That's not how Troy works," I almost yelled, "Troy thinks that he can get anything he wants, if Troy liked me than he wouldn't hesitate to tell me but no, he has to talk about 'us.' That means things aren't as Disney movie simple as he would like it to be." I groaned and laid my head on the steering wheel, "What should I do?"

I felt her small hand rub circles on my back, "Relax, Marc, it's probably not as bad as you think."

"I know but," I sighed, "I don't want to ruin what we have. The moment I go over there, things will change."

"Change is good, Marc," I glanced up to see her smiling gently, "Change is as essential to living as the water cycle or the earth rotating or the plants changing carbon dioxide into oxygen. Go see Troy. Now." She gave me a one-armed hug and got out the car. Before going in, she turned to glare at me and wave me away.

I sighed again but I pulled off and headed towards Colin's apartment. By the time I made it to apartment's parking lot, my resolved was set in stone but the stone was grinded to pieces and I was about to turn around when the door flew open. Cowardly, I know. 

Troy looked out at me, mild amusement played on his features. "Hey, Marc, sorry for going off on you on the phone. I'm glad you came even if you were about to turn right back around."

I chuckled uneasily and said smartly, "uh, yeah."

"Would you like to, you know, come in?" He stood to the side and allowed me to make the choice.

I grumbled, "Yeah," warily and walked into the lion's pit. 

I figured that we would sit and talk in the living room but as I was about to sit down on the couch, Troy grabbed my elbow and manhandled me into his room then closed the door behind me. My senses roared danger.

(Troy's POV)

Okay, I could tell that the second my door was closed, I had officially trapped Marc. He obviously didn't know where this talk was going to go and neither did I but at least I was the one who instigated the talk. I had full confidence in myself. Marc seemed to be functioning on a broken prayer right now. I motioned for him to sit on my bed but he stayed standing. Shrugging, I sat down myself. We waited for someone to break the silence. Finally, Marc exclaimed, "What do you want to talk about?"

I shrugged since I wasn't quite ready to get down to business and he quite obviously needed to relax. "Just tell me about yourself."

He tilted his head like a confused puppy, "What?"

I smiled at how adorable he looked and repeated, "Tell me about yourself. There's plenty I don't know about you. Like you never explained the academy. What is that? Why did you go?"

"Oh," he nodded thoughtfully and sat down beside me, "Well the camp is just a nickname for a boarding school I went to. People said that it was like a military camp so 'the camp' kind of became everyone's favorite epithet for it. I went because I couldn't really handle my parents anymore. At the time, they were home more often and argued every day, saying things like 'I didn't even want a kid,' 'what happened to getting an abortion?' 'It's your fault,' things like that." My heart tore in two at hearing that. A sweet, gentle kid like Marc getting told he was a mistake was wrong, he shouldn't have been forced to hear that from his lousy, irresponsible parents.