2

I arrived to school at least 12 minutes late. They shouldn't mind much, I am a new student anyhow. The hallways were empty except for one boy with shaggy brown hair, dressed in all black. "You know your late right?" he asked

I didn't reply just kept walking until i reached the office. Sitting at the desk was an old lady who smelled too much of perfume and had too much green eye shadow on.

"Hello dear, are you a new student?"

I nodded and she starting clicking things on her computer. "Okay dear, what is your name?"

"Veronica Madson"

More clicking... "Alrighty here is your class schedule and your locker information" she handed me a couple of papers, "And here is you a tardy slip" she smiled.

I looked at my schedule:

First Period- Mathematics 1 class #142

I looked at the door next to me.. #86.. okay so my class must be upstairs. I walked up the stairs and found my class.

I opened the door and everyone turned to stare. I blushed and looked at the ground, "Uhm I'm a new student.."

The teacher walked over to me and took my tardy slip. "Thank-you. Now you can go sit over there next to Slayter."  Then he walked to his desk.

I looked up and saw the boy from the hall raising his hand and pointing to the seat next to him. I sighed and sat in my new seat.

I pulled out a notebook from my bag and also a pen. I started to take notes on what the teacher was writing.

"Hey, I'm Slayter."

"I figured. Im Veronica"

"Do you have a nickname?"

"Uhm no. Why?"

"I'm giving you one. And we are going to be friends"

"What if I dont want to?"

He smirked, "You dont have anyone else. Im going to call you Ronnie"

I stared at him speechless.. "okay then" Then I went back to taking notes.