Strings

(Small rant thing at the bottom of the chapter... Well, not even a rant)

*Soulmate AU* (I bet you've all read the soulmate au about the strings)

(Y/n) POV

I sighed as I looked around the park. There were so many couples walking around happily. I was ready for my person to come along. I don't care who they are or if they're attractive or not. The thing about these strings is that you can't specifically follow them, they drag you. I was getting tired of feeling my string being pulled in random directions.  This time, it lead me to a small park. It had basically stopped pulling since then. While I was here, I decided to go to a small, mobile ice cream stand that was set up in the park. As soon as I had gotten my small cone, I felt a strong tug on my string. It was almost strong enough to make me fall over.

"What the hell..?" I said as I almost dropped my treat from the next strong tug of my string. I groaned and went in the direction it was pulling me in. As soon as I got to the edge of the park, it just kinda... Stopped. There was no one here. I groaned.

"Damned thing literally just gave up on me..." I mumbled. I decided it was time to give up for the day and go back home. I sighed and made my way back to my house.

~ The Next Morning ~

"FUUUUUU-" I squeaked as I was pulled out of my bed. I groaned and opened my eyes to see my hand with the string pointed in the direction of the bedroom door.

"I get it, I get it. I'm up..." I muttered as I slowly got off of the floor. I got dressed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. As I was brushing my teeth, I felt a tug and my toothbrush hit my cheek.

"C'mon... Can't you just let me be...?!" I groaned. The same thing happened while I was brushing my hair. It ended up tugging and pulling my hair with it. As I finally finished my morning routine, my string practically pulled me out the door. As I was pulled out the door and down the  sidewalk, I tried to make myself look more presentable. I fixed my (f/c) beanie and (f/c) scarf.

Within the next few minutes, I was lead to a small.... Plant Shop?
I didn't know this store existed... I mean plants are my thing, but I don't get them from here. I walked into the store to hear the faint tune of You are my Sunshine playing. I smiled at that.

"This is a kinda cute store..." I said to myself. I was just looking around, when I almost fell on my face again. HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GONNA DO THIS TO ME?? I angrily thought. I looked up and felt one final tug. As I felt this, I heard a squeak in front of me. I looked to see that a girl had fallen directly in front of me with the same bewildered look on her face that I had. She looked up at me from the ground and then looked down to where where her string was. She did this a couple times before her eyes finally landed on my arm where the string was. I heard a tiny gasp come from her as a smile lit up her face.

"You're the one! You're.... Beautiful!" She whisper yelled at me, as to not draw any more attention than she already had.

"Uhh... You're very attractive as well..." I said very awkwardly. It took me a moment to understand what was going on. Then it hit me. I tilted my head a bit as my eyes widened and my mouth hung open. No way... She's my soulmate?! This beautiful human being??!! I offered my  hand to help her off the floor, but I, she jumped up and wrapped her arms around me. I stood there for a moment before finally wrapping my arms around her.

"You have no idea how crazy today has been... This string has been pulling me hard enough that I've been falling all day!" She said to me. I smiled.

"That's been happening to you, too? I could hardly even get dressed this morning because of it!" I laughed slightly. She laughed a bit too, and pulled away. It was cliche, but I already missed the warmth she gave me. I already felt as though I could trust this goddess of a woman.

"Oh... Uhh, my name's (Y/n)... Apparently I'm your soulmate.." I said while awkwardly holding my hand out for her to shake. She smiled. She grabbed my hand and pulled my face next to hers. She planted a kiss on my cheek, and my face lit up.

"I'm Signe. And I don't think we really need such formalities now. After all, you are going to be around me for... Oh... The rest of your life." She smiled and I kind of chuckled.

"You, uh... You got a point there..." I said. There was a small silence between us for a moment.

"So... You wanna go to the new coffee shop down the street..? I mean, we have to get to know each other somehow..." I said with a small blush on my face.

"I would love that!" She smiled, "But first.... I just have to pay for this lil cactus I just got..."

~~~~~
A/n: You don't have to read this, it's just random.

Does anyone else wish they could've gone to PAX??! I'm super happy for the people who met Signe, Jack, Robin, Mark, and Amy... But I also really wanna meet Woosh and Jack 😥 And everyone is posting pictures on Instagram and stuff and I'm just like "Damn.... Wish I was there..."

Anyway... Have a good day/night

~Kalein :)