Chapter 3

Now you were trapped, you couldn't tell Tony anything. Did Jaime always do this? Was he always asking others to spill the secret you had told them, to him? More importantly if he did ask them to spill your secrets, did they? Millions of what ifs buzzed through your tired mind, was this all tired thinking? With a mind filled with countless uninvited thoughts you struggled to find sleep, so you let sleep find you.

---• Later that afternoon •---

You awoke to slowly, your eyes struggling to stay open, it took you a good couple minutes to wake fully and sit up.
When you sat up you slid your feet into a black pair of flip flops that awaited your feet by your bed side.
'Now stand up.' A voice inside your head instructed. Odd, you thought to yourself; you haven't heard voices encouraging you in quite sometime, at least from the ones inside your mind. Grateful, you stood up, minding the bunk above your head careful not to whack yourself. Blinded by the darkness, the voices your heard from the other room were your guide out.

"Alright so set list guys." You heard Vic focused the previously lost conversation as you walked out into the 'living room' of the bus.

"Morning sunshine!" Vic beamed the moment he saw you.

"Look who's up!" Jaime added with a grin. They all sat at the table, Jaime next to Vic across from them sat Tony and Mike.

Mike and Tony turned around to face you, "Well (y/n), how did you sleep?" Tony asked, a small smile presented on his lips.

"Good, thanks." You replied softly walking over to the window. The bus was switching lanes to meet an exit.
"Where are we?" You asked.

"California. Still." Mike said flatly. The ride from San Diego to Las Vegas was anywhere from a 4 hour 45 minute drive to 5 and a half hours, depending on the traffic.

"Well hey more planing time, right?" You replied with an optimistic smile.

"Exactly (y/n)! My girlfriend is not only beautiful but smart!" Vic bragged.
"So back on topic, what songs besides ones off Collide, would you guys wanna play?" The long haired brunette male refocused the conversation for the second time as you wandered away to the kitchen area. On the hunt for food you searched the counter where a variety of cereal boxes rested, but instead your eyes came across an out of place object; a letter. Now, you knew that the band was constantly receiving letters every day, and they had picked up a great sum of them from the P.O. Box the other day, to read while on tour, they must've forgotten one and this letter was left behind while the others where tucked away in boxes to be read later.

"Well, definitely Bullet Proof Love." You heard Mike suggest to the group as you picked up the envelope.

Each of their individual names was written on the white paper that enclosed a fan's heart written out on paper. The fan's writing was without a doubt that of a male's. You flipped over the envelope, odd it had already been opened, so they did notice it; then why was it still out here? Tony must have seen you examining the letter because suddenly he was speaking to you, "Awe man, (Y/N), you gotta read that letter!"

You smiled and nodded, not wanting to interrupt the conversation, unless someone added to this, which no one did.
You slid the note book paper out of the envelope, the paper was so folded neatly you felt guilty unfolding it, alas, you did. Written in black ink, the words in the same font as the names on the envelope, what you assumed to be tear drops stained the page causing the blue lines to smudge. You began reading the letter,
Dear Pierce the Veil,
I'm not as familiar with your band as my sister is. I don't really know the name of any of your albums or songs, or even your names, (my sister, Tammy, will help me with that). But what I do know is you saved my sister's life and continue to everyday. I'm writing this letter to thank you for this, I love my little sister and would do anything for her. Watching her want to end her life at the age of fourteen was something that tortured me day and night. Would she be alive to see another sunrise? Or would she be gone, taken as the sun set? I moved back home for her, not that I was doing to well on my own. She's doing better now, and it's all thanks to you guys. She told me herself that you are her reason to live, that your lyrics make the voices go away. Thank you for keeping my little sister alive. I'll be surprising her with tickets to the Las Vegas show on July 1st! I can't wait to meet her heroes and watch her dreams come true. See you soon!
-Brier, Jan 16th, 2014.

The story hit home for sure. That was the age the voices began haunting you, the age at which you made your first suicide attempt on a chilly November afternoon. You folded the paper and placed it back into the envelope where it belonged. "Wow." You said softly to yourself.

"What a great brother, huh!?" Jaime asked rather rhetorically.

You nodded your head, "Yeah, I wonder if he purchased back stage passes." You pondered a loud.

Vic slid out of his seat walking over to you, "You see, that's why we're gonna read it a loud at the concert and ask Brier and his sister to make their way to the stage!" He informed you with a smile.

"You're gonna make that little girl so happy you guys!" You praised with tears in your eyes.

"Well she made us proud! We need to meet this warrior and her brother. It's the least they both deserve!" Jaime added has he too got up, with brown eyes focused on the fridge.

"Maybe we could take them backstage?" Tony suggested.

"Yeah and order some pizza?" Mike added.

"I love that idea!" Jaime chimed in as he selected a beer from the fridge.

"Me too, Vic, what do you think?" You asked with an excited smile.

He made an exaggerated 'thinking' face, making the answer obvious before he spoke, "Of course!" Vic said with a wide smile. "We just gotta find them!" He said before adding optimistically, "Which we will."

{ I'm back! Sorry I took the school year off! But now I'm back on track ! Thank you all for staying so loyal despite my absence! I promise to keep the updates coming! Thank you and comment to let me know what you think! I want to wait until this gets around 100 reads to update again! }