Two

I carried the last of my things up to the porch and stepped through the door to my humble abode. The living and dining rooms had a modern, yet classic, vibe to them. The floors were made up of beautiful mahogany wood, easily matched with the intricate cream colored walls and dark-brown leather furniture. To the right of the front door was the kitchen, lined with marble counter-tops, and stainless steel appliances including a dish washer and wine cooler. I was thankful that the house was already furnished so I wouldn't have to over-pack. Before we had arrived, David had given me a brief overview of what the house would be like, mentioning that it was two-stories complete with an office and balcony upstairs. I never imagined just how much I would be living the life for paying the equivalent of living in a one-bedroom apartment in LA. Mom was right. Connections get you places.  

"So this is the house," Damian said gesturing from wall to wall, "No one has stayed here yet so everything is fairly new. I hope you don't mind that there's furniture already."

"Oh not at all!" I reassured him. I walked forward looking around some more. Right by the stairs were black and white photos that covered the walls. There were pictures of forests, birds, and children playing with bubbles in a park. "I'm thankful that it is furnished actually--"

"Watch it!" David shouted from on the stairs. I looked up to see a box tumbling from the stairs headed straight for me. 

I felt a hand yank me away from the stairs and fell into a figure of hard muscle.  The box only managed to hit the side of my forehead. 

"Oh Jesus," David said looking down at me and Damian on the floor. "Are you alright, Kim?"

I tried to sit up but I was still encircled in Damian's arms. My face was pressed into his chest, "I-I think so." By this point, Damian had removed his arms from around me and was holding my face in his hands.

"She's got a bit of a cut up here on her head. Doesn't look serious though." Damian stated. He tucked my hair behind my ear, "Do you feel dizzy at all?" I shook my head no.

"I'll get a First Aid Kit." He nodded whilst standing up and heading for the door. Sarah came down the stairs with a napkin she had in her purse and knelt down next to me, applying pressure to my head to stop the bleeding.

"Go ahead. Say it." I said looking up at her.

"Say what?" she asked me looking confused. 

"That I managed to get myself saved by him, thrown into his arms, and had my face held by him all in one day and that all means it's fate?" I asked her.

She gave me a small smile, "I'm not always like that. Especially now since you're hurt, so shush." I smiled back and let out a breath.

"Besides," she continued "you said it all yourself already." 

"There it is," I said shaking my head and laughing.

 Damian returned with the First Aid kit and knelt down next to me. Sarah struggled to get up but managed to do it. I looked up at her and she winked at me hobbling over to the stairs, leaving me and Damian alone.

 He took out a bandage and some disinfectant, "Let's see. Do I need anything else?" he asked looking through the kit.

 "Is there any antibiotic medicine in there?"

"Um..." he hesitated, rifling through the contents of the kit.

I smiled, "That's alright. Um...here," I took out a tube of ointment and quickly scanned the info on the back, "This is it. Bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B are the important things so..." Damian looked at me as if I had a third eye on my forehead and feet for ears.