Stripper for gold chapter 2

"Yep.." I say awkwardly, turning around.

I finally signal them all out; There are two girls and three men. Elijah, Jake, and Anderson, though I couldn't signal out the other two men.

"Wo-o-ow.. You work at a strip club..?" Anderson says, eyeing me with humor. He was once my best friend.

I roll my eyes, "Noo, I just come here." I tell them with a shrug.

They shake their heads at me, "Well uh.. Just holler if you need me." I say, scrambling to the back.

I scratch my head, wanting to get away from them all. I crane my head and see the curtains leading out to the stage. They wouldn't care if I stripped.. Right?

I heard the song birthday sex by Jeremiah playing, and squeeze my eyes shut. It was Elijah's birthday. He was one of the richest men?

I quickly cake some makeup on, flattening my hair paper straight. I go out onto the stage, completely oblivious to the world before me.

I close my eyes, knowing where I step, when I step. I know exactly when I reach the pole, beginning to climb up it, flipping myself upside down.

I then slide down, flipping over again, and grab the pole, my other arm loose at my side and my head tilted back.

Just like the sign.

~~~

I feel myself bare at last, and pull the robe over me, collecting the spare ones and fives. Now I realize I said I wouldn't do a show, but.. I'll admit it now, it's calming because you're like the last person on the planet. Nobody can see you, and you don't feel naked.. You feel alive and vibrant, and with each sway, or step, hell even flipping on the pole- it makes me feel alive.

Pulling the robe over my body, I smirk in the full body mirror. It was a dainty robe, pure silk, and see-through, though it was black.

I gently brush my hand against the fabric, wondering where my life truly went wrong. I completely forgot about why I started this- But I know fully well it was for a reason that inflicted my life for the worst.

An older woman, Gail, entered in the room, huffing in anger as she slammed the dollar bills onto her vanity set. "Damn-it." She swears.

I look at her, "What's wrong?" I ask, not caring the slightest. I'm just saying, a fourty seven year old with three children shouldn't be working at a strip club, instead she should be working at a more.. Appropriate place.

I'll tell you now, she looks twenty but she's all fake.

"My daughter just called, apparently her older brother is here." She says, with a few curse words followed closely.

"He's texting me." She grumbles. I send an amused smirk at her direction, ready to burst into a fit of non-stop giggling. It was her fault, not like we could do jack about it.

"Sorry." I mumble, using the tissue to wipe the cherry red lipstick off.

"I know, ugh this sucks!" She begins to whine, and go on and on about how rude and disrespectful her son is.

"Tell you what, I'll go talk to your son right now." I tell her, glancing at her.

"No no, that's fine." She says, giving me a dismissive wave.

I shrug, "Your loss." I mutter, intently dabbing off the makeup from my face and onto the tissue.

I pull a long t-shirt, that reaches mid-thigh over my zero to none clothing, facing Gail. My manager comes in, completely red-raced. I watch the entire thing go down:

"Gail, what in the fucking world happened out there?" He hisses, his right eye twitching. I gnaw my lip nervously, he was ready to strangle her.

"I.. I just.. My son was out there and I freaked.." She whispers, completely innocent sounding.

Like a true mother would- A perfect mother.

"That's no damn excuse Gail!" He yells at her, raising a hand.

She instantly flinches, but glares back at him.

Now you see- When Gail and the manager- Tony fight.. It's world war three out there, and witnessing their fight is scary, especially when you're dragged into it. Gail and Tony have equal fire in their veins and eyes, which is why it's scary.

"Why hell it is! My son saw me as his mother, not some trailer trash working for a cheap-o strip club!" She yells, raising a hand- ready to slap Tony.

An inhuman growl comes out from the back of his throat, "Your son is better off knowing the truth." He tells her, spinning on his heal.

Gail grabs a red lipstick from the desk and lightly presses the words onto his back: Gay faggot.

I roll my eyes, these two were more immature than six year old boys- I swear.

I decide to abandon this joint, ready to head off back to home..

I shuddered, was that even considered home anymore? Or was Gold considered my home.

My peaceful place to stay.

Probably.. Probably.

I licked my teeth, waving them off and pulling on a lacy tank top with jeans. I slid my phone into my front pocket- never really got why teens wore it in their back pocket. Was it to get boys to stare at the girls butt? Still don't know but, I prefer front since it won't fall out of my pocket.

I ease my foot onto the gas pedal in my mustang, letting the wheel take me to a place I truely consider home.

The lake.