Stripper for gold chapter 1

I hear the music overtake any sounds of the several men, as I unclasp the bra, doing what I have done for the last six years, six nights a week. I lost so many relationships and friendships to this joke of a job in fact- and I forgot why I chose this as my job. Why this? Why strip, was I a naive eight teen year old or something?

I could feel the crisp one dollar bills under my feet, as I carefully stepped over them. I rolled my eyes slightly, it was annoying, how we had to pick all of the cash up afterwards.

I noticed a man, around the age of thirty, and he was fairly handsome. His thick black hair was brushed back, a few strands falling out of place. He had a slight aftershave, and his eyes were an exotic shade of olive green.

Ignoring him completely, I continued to strip for the money, praying this would end eventually.

~~~

I placed the robe over my shoulders, tightening the strings to hold the robe together into a knot.

I used an alcohol wipe to rid the makeup off of my face, and looked around the backroom. It was nothing special, a few makeup stands here and there, but it wasn't like anybody spent time back here anyways.

I heard heavy footsteps approaching me, and quickly spun around to face the person- Most likely my manager.

"Hi." I say weakly, as the new girl approaches me in.. Interesting attire.

She flashes me a warm smile, screaming 'real'. "Hi, how are you?" She asks, nudging her head towards the curtains and out to the show.

I open my mouth slightly, and smirk. "Uh, it's scary at the first show, but you'll be fine." I tell her, realizing she was curious if she would survive through this.

She beams, "I'm Samantha." She says, shaking my hand.

I nod slightly, "Clare, Clare Ellis." I tell her, using my last name.

Her eyes widen slightly and her jaw drops, "Ooh! You're Clara." She says, somewhat dazed.

I nod, "Yep, that's my stage name.." I say, realizing the conversation is taking a toll for the worst.

"I better be going." I say after a few moments.

She nods, "So you're twenty four?" She asks me.

I shrug, "Why does it matter?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "I was just curious. By the way, I'm twenty." She mentions. I nod, when she was a freshman I was a senior in high school. Ahh.. High school, back in the days when I wasn't so inappropriate.

I grab my jeans and t-shirt, un-tying the robe. I quickly pull on my clothes as I see her hesitate before finally going out and entertaining men.

I close my eyes, the poor poor girl..

I quickly peek out at her, only to find her in matching black underwear. I lick my teeth, a habit of mine, and quickly begin to leave. I open the back door, inhaling the sweet scent of fresh air.

I hop into my vehicle, a very beat up old jeep my mother lets me use to go to work.

You see, when I was eight teen my mother and father split, and.. I just wanted that sweet escape, a place to call my own.

I see the flashing lights of GOLD strip club, with a black figure on a pole, one arm holding the pole, while the other arm is back.

I begin to drive from the death trap, and back to my fathers house, since he apparently has huge news to tell me.

My mind travels as I drive, from Gold, to Stephanie, to my closest friend Bianca whom doesn't even know I strip, to that twenty-something year old man that I thought was around thirty- since Gold has bad lighting.