5: Talk (Edited)

This chapter has been grammatically and punctually edited. Please kindly comment any mistakes you find.

I knocked on the door.

Sally answerer, "Hi, sweetie! How are you?" Jeez, after I get in an  argument with her son, she's still a kind person.

"Hey, Ms. Jackson. Is Percy home? I need to talk to him."

She shook her head, "Sorry, Nico. He's out with some friends. What do you need? I'll tell him."

I sighed and shook my head, "It's okay, I'll call him later. Thanks."

She smiled, waving goodbye, "See you later, honey."

-time skip-

I called his number.

It rung countless times, and then went to voicemail. I left a message:

"H-hey, Jackson. It's me. I just wanted to talk to you. Look, I'm sorry, okay? It just hurts seeing you like this. Can we just forget about the argument? Please? I love you. Just call me back soon, all right? Bye, Percy."

I ended it and set my phone down. I laid down on my bed.

I decided I was bored, so I grabbed my phone again and grabbed my black cat-ear headphones. I scrolled through my dozens of playlists, and clicked "My Favorites." Immediately, "The Mystic" by Nightcore started playing, and I closed my eyes.

A knock on the door startled me, and I removed my headphones.

"Yeah?"

"Your phone is ringing and you didn't pick it up, just wanted to make sure you were okay." Hazel's voice echoed.

I glanced over at my phone. I didn't hear it past my music.

I looked at the contact picture. It's Percy.

I grabbed it and answered, "Hello?"

Immediately, "I got your message."

I sat up, "And?"

"And I miss you. And I'm sorry too. And I do care, I'm just scared."

"You just have to do what you're supposed to do and it'll be okay." I reasoned with a gentle voice.

I hear a huff, "I know. It's just hard."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "What isn't these days, Percy?"

"Getting a coffee. Coffee is easy," he laughed. "Meet me at DJ's?"

I chuckle, "Be right there."

"And Neeks?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"I love you too."

I smile, and hang up the phone.