CHAPTER 1

It was about one in the morning, it's actually my birthday, but I don't care about that right now. I have my long blonde hair pulled into a messy bun. When I leave it down it comes to the center of my back. I'm eating a bowl of popcorn and watching my favorite t.v. show Twisted. it was half way through the season finale after the marathon, but then it happened.

Now I'm setting in the middle of my bed with my back against the wall crying. Yes you might think awe something happened in the show but thats not what happened at all. I'm trying not to be to loud because my parents and baby brother are still sleeping. I wiped my chocolate brown eyes on the sleeve of my bright blue shirt and looked down at my phone again refusing to believe what I saw. Sadly it true.

It's a message from Mark. It read, "Hello Alyson, this is Mark's mom. I'm sorry to inform you that I found Mark dead around twenty minutes ago. My husband and I awoke to a gun shot. Todd, my husband, went downstairs to see if he could see anyone, and I went to check on Mark. I found him in a puddle of his own blood. It looks as if he was shot in the head and died instantly. We believe it was murder because the window was broken inwards and there is no gun in sight. I'm sorry. Try to get a good nights sleep and I will call you from my phone and tell you when and where we scheduled the funeral. Talk to you then. Bye Alyson."

A/N

This is my first published book and I'm still not sure how to work everything. So please have patients with me please thanks. Hope you enjoy the story.