6. Watch Your Words.

Start from the beginning

I reluctantly walked towards Channing’s car. Counting the steps that got me closer to death. I stood next to the back seat’s door. “You’re riding shotgun.” Channing ordered. I swallowed hard and with shaky hands unlocked the door and got inside. I literally stuck myself to the door and put the bag on my left side to get as far away from him as possible. I felt like crying, but I knew that even if I did, he wouldn’t help me and even if I apologized, he wouldn’t forgive me. The way he treats me truly scares the crap out of me. “Scoot away from the door. Otherwise you’re going to break it and trust me that car costs a lot more than you do!” He said menacingly. I looked at him and my lips quivered slightly, the fact that he gave me a stern look didn’t help the quivering I had. He knew he was frightening me and I knew that my weakness only makes him stronger. I moved away from the door so that I wasn’t leaning on it, but was really close. I looked out the window and started shivering slightly; I wanted to get out of the car, I wanted to go back home! He moved his hand to get something from the dashboard; I flinched and closed my eyes, thinking that he was going to hit me. When the pain didn’t arrive, I opened my eyes slowly and let out a shaky breath. I can’t go through this twice per day for five days a week! It’d literally be the end of me.

How long is this journey going to last? It’s honestly pure torment! Every time he moves, I instinctively flinch, it’s insane! It’s like time isn’t passing just because it knows that it’s torturing me. He’s been driving for 32 minutes now and I thought the ride to school would only take half an hour! I brought my knees up and hugged them close, resting my chin on them and closing my eyes. He said something that I didn’t catch because I was too lost in my own world. Suddenly, he sped up, kept speeding up and then hit the brakes vigorously! “Are you crazy?!” I yelled. “When I say something, you do it!” He yelled back. “What are you talking about?” I asked quietly. “Stop acting so innocent, you disgust me!” He replied angrily. “I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about.” I said while trying to hide the nervousness. “I told you to get your feet off of the chair and you didn’t!” He replied. “So, you very intelligently, resolute to almost killing us!” I yelled. “Listen you spoiled daddy’s girl, this car cost me a fortune and I don’t want it ruined by filth.” He replied angrily. “Daddy’s girl,” I whispered. My eyes got watery, so I looked away from Channing.

30 minutes later, the car was parked and I was getting out, but suddenly, my arm was grabbed roughly, “I’ll be here at 3 sharp. I expect you to be waiting. Don’t. Be. Late!” he snapped. I didn’t reply, I didn’t even nod, I just gave him a once over and walked away. Finally, I got away from him; this torturing, evil mastermind in the form of a guy! I sighed and entered the building; there were some people in the hallway, who were literally staring at me. ‘Is something wrong with me?’ I thought to myself. I glanced around and the whispering started, I was hearing it all, comments ranged from plain and simple, like “She’s smokin’”, all the way to bold and raging, like “If you were my homework, I’d throw you on the desk and do you in all the wrong ways” How repulsive was that? Who do they think I am, Paris Hilton? The girls had some comments, too, like “She’s gotta be in our clique” and “Guess the old queen bee is gone now

   I held my head up high and walked through the corridor like I owned the school. However, I noticed a guy that awfully looked like a pervert, and guess what? He was! He was walking behind me, trying to grab my butt. So, I turned around, slapped him on the face and said “Don’t you dare touch whatever it is that doesn’t belong to you, pervert!” The ‘ooh’s’ that I heard were insane, so that’s exactly why I smirked and yelled “And that’s exactly how you do it!” The multiple ‘wow’s’ and ‘ooh’s’ made me absolutely confident that I already left my mark on the battlefield. I mean, even that pervert actually looked amused!