2

Chapter Two: Anticipation

I stared out the window of my bedroom with my sight glued on the driveway. I was waiting ever so patiently for Julez to come pick me up for college. I would drive myself but I'm honestly too lazy to do so.

I gave my room one last inspection before dragging my luggage downstairs to the doorway. My mom sat quietly at the kitchen table with a book in her hands.

She seemed to be into it since her eyes were focused and her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

She only recognized my presence when I cleared my throat. She looked up and a smile grew on her pale face. Her arms wrapped around me tightly.

"I'm going to miss my baby girl" she whispered. i giggled and pulled back giving her a weak smile.

"I know mom" I muttered before a car horn blared through the silence. I smiled and gave my mom one last wave before heading out to the car.

"Gracie!!!!" Julez squealed wrapping her arms around me. She wore light high-waisted shorts, and a floral print crop top with a white beanie. Her straight brown hair was cascading down her back and her hazel eyes glistened in the sunlight.

All guys adored Julez. She was chased, and even stalked once. Eventually that lead to jail visit number four. Julez has quite the record over there. She is known around the county for her violence and drug/drinking days.

Those days are fun trying to hide her from her parents while she is stoned or drunk beyond belief. Once I found her in the closet crying. She claimed that Narnia couldn't be found and she blamed it on Fred her pet narwhal.

I put my stuff in the trunk of her black jeep and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Hold on tight" she giggled flooring it out of my driveway and down the parkway.

Goldbrooke Academy wasn't that far from our homes but it's not like we had to worry about the commute since we were staying there.

Finally we pulled into the parking lot of the huge campus. From there I could see the dorm building, the administration complex, and the main education building.

This was it. This was going to change me.