chapter two

Michael didn't sleep at all that night.

He couldn't even close his eyes knowing that at some point in the night, Luke was going to... yeah. He didn't want to say it.

He had spent the rest of the day before with Luke, blasting music and having a little private party in Michael's room. Luke had been smiling so much, and Michael was so afraid it had all been fake.

Michael was pissed, actually. Mad at himself, for letting Luke in. If he had never even talked to Luke, Michael wouldn't have been crying into his pillow, feeling lonelier than ever. If he had never talked to Luke, he wouldn't feel so fucking shitty.

When 6:45 came, Michael looked at the rising sun and flipped it off. He wasn't in the mood for seeing stupid pretty things, he was in the mood for seeing Luke. Although, Michael did kind of think Luke was a bit stupid yet pretty (in a good way). Luke wasn't going to leave his mind for a very long time, Michael realized.

Michael stumbled around the small apartment, throwing on random clothes (they all looked similar, and Michael was in no mood to care about his appearance), threw on a pair of old converse, and grabbed his backpack. He didn't want to go to school, but it would at least serve a little distraction from his thoughts.

---------------------       

Luke was there.

He wasn't dead.

Luke sat in the back of class - again - and looked even better than the day before; unlike Michael, who definitely looked like a quite disgusting zombie.

What. The. Fuck.

Michael was dumbfounded. Luke's number was still at zero, too. It had definitely been over 24 hours, and Luke was completely fine. Michael cursed to himself for getting so emotional about the kid. You're such an idiot, Michael angrily thought to himself.

Michael was completely done with everything. Luke was eating away at Michael's heart, tearing him down. And Michael wasn't gonna continue letting him do that. So, Michael threw his desk.

Not at Luke, or at anyone, really. Michael was just mad at everything, like usual. 

Everyone in the classroom gasped, and the teacher looked pissed. Whatever.

Michael silently walked out of the room, heading back home. I could use a nap, he decided.

------------------

Michael's eyes shot open as he heard a knock on the door. He glanced at the clock, 5:37pm. Michael sighed, and opened the door to reveal Luke. Standing there, looking completely not-dead.

"I want to talk." Luke spoke confidently, fumbling with his sleeves and looking Michael in the eyes.

"About you." He added.

~~~~~

goal: 5 comments, 15 votes :-)