12

Asia
I cut the car off and sit there staring out the window. I have half the mind to leave but I just need to get this over with.

An all black rover pulls up behind me and I'm assuming it's Chris. He gets out and walks up to my window. We stare for second and then I open my door. "What's up?" He asks nonchalantly.

"Did you kill my mother?"

He laughs, "Why would I do that?" I look into his eyes. "You're the angry one."

"I'm angry because of you. Why would I intentionally go after your mother. You ain't that important to me." His words cut me like knife. "But I once was."

"That was then, this is now."

"If I wasn't you wouldn't be so angry." I say back. "You really doing this shit like it's a game to you."

"Am I lying Christopher? Why you getting so defensive? I only made a statement."

"I ain't kill your mother. Good luck to finding whoever did." He turns to walk away until I grab his arm and he stops. "I'm sorry." I blurt out.

"Sorry doesn't fix everything Asia. The damage been done."

"If it can't fix what happen between me and you at least let it be enough for your daughter." His facial expression softens then I continue, "I should've told you about my brothers, who they really were. I had no idea you were working for them. I knew me talking to a nigga period would be trouble. My brothers just did too much back then. I was in love and didn't want anything to get in the way of what we had."

"You should've thought about that shit! Do you know how much I lost because of you?!? Over some simple ass shit! You played with my life man. I loved you and you fucked all of that up."

"I know.... I was young and dumb I admit it. You could've told me you weren't dead! This almost ruined my relationship with my brothers for good."

"Guess we even then." He smirks. The conversation I had with Crystal replays in my mind. From the looks of it, one of us has to attempt to do better. "Look we can either move past this or be enemies for the rest of our lives. Either way we have a daughter . If you're going to be in her life you're going to do it daily. There is no in and out. It's already going to be confusing enough because of the shit with Rock."

"I'll think about it." He finally snatches his arm away from me and proceeds back to his truck.

He'll think about it? Is he serious? He drives off in the opposite direction from how he was parked. "Really?" I mumble closing my door.

I walk back in the house. "Asia!" Why is he yelling?! "What Dom? Why are you so loud?"

"Come look at this shit."

I walk into the kitchen and Dom and Mon are gathered around this laptop. "What is this?"

"Yo nigga."

Dom presses play and silently we watch the footage. My eyes get wide as see my mother walk across the screen. She was high as fuck, about to fall over her own two feet. Another man comes beside her and they stop walking to talk. She appears to know him. Rock comes into the frame and starts talking to both. My mother smiles and puts caresses Rock's cheek. As the conversation continues suddenly Rock grabs her and puts a knife to her throat. The first man runs. She appears to be pleading with Rock. Rock drops the knife and then reaches for his gun.

"What the fuck?"

Mon turns to me, "This nigga murdered Tania and sat at the fucking table in our face and ain't said shit. You know he getting seen about right? You pick fucked up niggas."

My mouth slightly drops open. "Y'all was beefing with him in the first place! I ain't have shit to do with that. Don't put this on me!"

"Montez she's right but he's right too. This nigga life ending tonight." Dom says. He grabs his phone and calls someone. At this point I don't even care what the hell happens.

You can't love any of these niggas. That's fucked up. I've only dealt with two nigga hard as hell and both ain't shit. Maybe my brothers will get what they want after all, me forever alone. Shit with Chris is fucked up and Rock was all in my face with my daughter like he didn't kill my mother.

I'm not even mad about the fact that he killed her because never did shit for us anyway.  It's just he was in the innermost circle and looked died ass in our faces.

The more I lay here the more I try to figure out why. Why now?

Chris

"So it's done? She's officially mine."

"All yours Boss."

"Perfect."

I hang up the phone and head out the door. As I'm walking my right hand Jaheim walks my way. "What's up?"

"Nothin about to go pull up on somebody. What's up with you?"

"None. Thou talked to ol girl yet?"

"This morning. Just ride with me we can talk about that on the way to Mariah's."

"What the hell we going over there for?" Ja asks. "She got some info I need. She's willing to give it up to for this." I pull out the small bag of weed. "Easy water."

"Exactly. Ain't shit up with Asia, not ol Girl."

"Shit okay. My fault. Y'all back good or some?"

"Hell naw. She did apologize though and asked me did I kill her mama." Ja looks over at me with a confused expression. "Her nigga did it. That's why he locked down now. He won't be for long though."

"And the apology?"

"She fucked up and she knows it."

"Nah did you give her one?"

"For what?" I question. "Nigga you about to take everything she loves."

"Baby steps bruh."

"You could just do what the other nigga did."

"Nah they guard gone be up. I ain't bout to fuck with her like that anyway."

"Yeah okay."

We pull up to Mariah's house and as usual it's full of people. We make our way inside. After walking through the house I finally find her.

"What's up?" She says dragging her blunt slowly. "I got what you want."

"I may have what you want too."

I hand her the bag and she passes me the envelope. "How I know it's legit Mariah?"

"Consider it coming from the horses mouth sister."

They're related? Looking at features I can kind of see it. "Cool. Good looking out."

"Likewise."

We get back inside the car. My phone rings and surprisingly it's Asia. I just knew she wouldn't have shit else to say to me after how I left.

"What's up?" I question answering the phone. "Have you thought about it?" She asks sounding annoyed. "Not really." I answer honestly. I know I'm going to do for my child but I don't want this to be easy for Asia.

"Christopher that's really childish of you."

"I know. I got business to handle. Bye."

She mumbles something before I hang up. I laugh. "That was her?" Ja asks. "Yup. She probably about to be all in her feelings."

"So what are you gone do about baby girl?"

"Ima do for her because she's mine. I don't see how I didn't see it the first time."

"Why you just don't tell Asia that?" Ja asks.

"I like seeing her sweat a lil."

"You like her that's all that is."

"Nigga what are we? 12."

"You acting 12. Say you don't care for her."

"I don't."