Thorns and roses

Genuine's POV

Daisy is insane. Who in their right mind would even think of that ? Well, I suppose diamond might.. Oh crud! Diamond got to go home early today, because she is a senior. Which means I have to walk home.

Perfect.

To make things better daisy forgot and left me!

I began my dreaded five mile nalk toward my home. I groaned. The books in my bag were beginning to make my back hurt. I needed something to take my mind off of the long walk a head of me so I took a book out. I read divergent as I walked. I savored each word. It was wonderful! I avoided the puddles one by one. It must have rained during school or something. Then i got to my favorite part in divergent. I read the book quickly ,hungry for each and every word. I finnally got to my favorite spot. I stopped walking to take in the moment. When i was done i looked up to see i had stopped right in front of a puddle. One more step and my favorite shoes would have been ruined! I guess i was pretty lucky. Suddenly, a black pruis whizzed by. It hit a puddle of mud water near me and sent the water flying in my direction. I shreiked as it hit my side. The shock caused me to drop divergent right in the puddle beside me. I was soaked to my underwear and my book..... My book was unreadable. The ink was running down the pages. It was a hard back collectors edition and everything!!!!!! As I picked my book up I could feel myself start to cry. I just sat down in the puddle and cried holding the remains of my book. The black Prius swerved back around and stopped beside me. The window rolled down revealing a short red haired boy around my age. He had pretty hazel eyes and a freckled Nose. He seemed oddly familiar.

"oh. My. gosh. I'm terribly sorry!" he jumped out of his car and helped my up. I could tell he noticed my nose.

"are you alright?" he exclaimed.

I couldn't say anything. I tried to, but I ended up just squeaking and whimpering like a mouse. I held my book up. The spine flopped over and water poured from the side.

"did I hurt you?"

I just lifted the book higher with a whimper. He sighed.

"look, would you like a ride home? Its the least I could do....."

I didn't answer. I took a moment to calm myself down so I could speak.

"um... That would be nice, but Ive never seen you before in my life..." I mumbled.

He seemed wounded. "Im gus. I've gone to school with you since..... Since I can remember..."

Crud. Crud. Crud. Now I'm a jerk! No wonder he looked familiar, yet I still can't remember who he was exactly.

"oh! Yeah.... Now I remember!" I lied.

He smiled mischievously as he opened the door to the car for me. "genuine, do you need a towel?"

I nodded.

He took a towel out of a bag labeled swim and handed it to me.

"do you swim competively?" I inquired.

He smiled. " at the school yes."

"cool."

He got in the drivers seat and started the car. He took of driving so fast I nearly flew up against the window.

........Gus pov. ............

My heart was beating rapidly. This was my chance! Wait. If she didn't even know who I was then.... Oh forget it, but I may not get an oppurtunity like this for a long time....

I need to try.

"ya know... Its not everyday i ruin a pretty girls day and then offer to help her..."