Chapter 1

Merlin pov

I leave Gaius' chambers after tending to my tender scars that I have obtained over the years from protecting the prat. We defeated Morgana a few months ago, and Arthur still does't know about my magic. His sword may be sharp, but his brain sure is dull.

I head into Arthur's chambers without so much as a knock after I retrieve his breakfast from the kitchen. He doesn't notice because he is stuffed in the blankets snoring away. I swear the entire castle can hear his snores.

"Arthur wake up. You have knighting duties. And so help me I will open these curtains and drag you out of bed." I move over to the curtains and open them letting the sunlight in when I hear a yelp as I do so. I smile because I know the sun is burning his eyes. He's going to throw something at me but it would be worth it.

"Merlin. What have I told you about the curtains." The prat says this while giving me a glare while moving toward his breakfast on the table. "Well because you need to get up for your knighting duties." I watch him pop a grape into his mouth before he says my worst nightmare. "Actually we are going hunting with the rest of the knights for the rest of the week. I need a break from being king, and I love Gwen I really do, but she is starting to become you engraving my duties into my skull." I am trying to hold in my laughter, "Well probably because you have an attention span as much as a rat. You look like one too with the extra hole in your belt." Arthur throws his empty goblet at my head hitting its mark. Ow now I'm going to have a lump on my head.

Arthur finishes his breakfast, and I start to dress him and pack the things we will need for the hunting trip. I leave his chambers for my own so I can pack, and packing a few things to expect the unexpected. Gaius came in to tell me to be careful, and I give him a hug.

I make my way to the stables to set up the horses for Arthur and the knights of the round table only to see Gwaine there waiting for me and the others. "Well isn't it Merlin. Is the Princess giving you trouble again before we leave?" I look at him with a look in my eyes, don't you already know this?, "Yes Gwaine I have chores before we. One of which is preparing the horses for the hunt." We chat for a bit while I prepare the horses, and I finish just in time for Arthur and the other knights coming in.

We all leave the stables in our regular fashion, me slightly behind Arthur and the rest of the knights behind us but close. It takes a little time but we reach the forests' border in the time of it still being morning to mid-day. What bugs me is that I have a bad feeling about this trip and that my scars are tingling and raw. This is not good.

_________________________________

I thought I would try and scar and magic reveal Merlin book. Let me know what you think.

AshKitty1