Breakups [Headcanon]

Stiles' heart breaks every time he thinks of you. He avoids you at school, knowing that even looking at you would cause the greatest of pain to both of you. It's hard, and he knows that ending things with you is the worst mistake he's ever made.

But it was a mutual agreement, the two of you deciding that it was for the best.

You dread the moment you see the jeep parked outside school, the memories that it brings back making you nauseous. You miss the talks that you had with Stiles in there, his hand holding yours as he stroked over the back of your knuckles.

Even that last conversation. The one that changed everything.

"I just think it's best, you know. That, right now, isn't the right time," you saw him swallow then, his eyes shining with tears that were yet to fall. You both knew that with everything that had happened, with the pack facing a new challenge every day, your relationship wasn't a priority.

You hadn't been on a date in weeks, only spending time with each other when you needed to. The fire that had burned so intensely when you first started dating had fizzled out, only the smallest of sparks remaining.

"Stiles, it's okay. Honestly."

But it's not okay. It won't be okay ever again. Because all you want is Stiles and his plaid shirts and his jeep and his stunning brown eyes and his dorky smile.

And you can't have any of it.

All Stiles wants is to see you. But he knows that if he does, he'll want to kiss you. And kissing you will always lead into something more. Especially with you. Especially with your perfect smile, and your beautiful eyes and your laugh that he always wants to hear.

God, he misses you.

It's on the night when he's staring at your name in his phone, the photo of you pulling the most ridiculous of faces staring back at him, causing him to smile with the memory of that day, that he knows that he can't take it anymore. He needs to see you.

He needs to fix things.

He needs to tell you he loves you.

His heart beats ten to the dozen as he types out his text message. It's simple, short and sweet. The few seconds that you take to reply feel like years, and he almost yells with delight when you agree to meet him the next day. To talk to him.

Your mouth is dry as you see the jeep pull up outside your house, Stiles jumping out of it. He's jittery, nervous. You almost smile as he turns to face you, his brown eyes widening at the sight of you. You're not surprised, you haven't exactly been looking after yourself much after what happened.

Stiles almost forgot how beautiful you are, the shock of seeing you causing his eyes to widen. You've got that scruffy bed hair still in place, and you're wrapped up in an old hoodie. It's a look he's always loved on you, however much you despised it.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"You wanted to talk?"

Stiles had been rehearsing his speech on the way here, but all that disappears when he looks at you. In true Stilinski fashion, he blurts it out, not being able to help himself.

"I love you."

It's those three words that seem to fix everything. The cracks in your heart sew themselves back together, and that spark begins to burn brighter.

Stiles smiles at you, a perfect grin that you match with a smile of your own. You haven't smiled in weeks. Trust Stiles to make everything better.

"I love you too."

He kisses you then, and everything is right in the world.