Prologue

So I have realized that this story is extremely cliche and i pains even me to read it... If you really want to read the first few chapters, go for it, but if you want to skip the cringe worthy chapters, skip all the way to the authors not chapter. Thanks for reading ITL!

~

It was a dewy Sunday morning, but the sun managed to poke through the windows. Charlotte stretched her legs, wiggling her toes. Lazily, she threw back her blankets, revealing her long tanned legs. She got up and sat in a butterfly position on the hard wood floors, looking through the bookshelf for a novel to bring on the boat. Her flame point siamese, Phoenix, awoke from his slumber to join her.

"Morning, Phoenix." She said, softly stroking his silky fur, before returning to her search for literature. 

She brushed her fingers over each book, before lingering on East of Eden by John Steinbeck, the one thing her mom left behind, which will be explained later. She grabbed the book, and stuffed it in her backpack, along with her sweater and a bottle of water. Charlotte and her father had planned an afternoon picnic on their sailboat. Quickly, Charlotte pulled her wavy blonde hair into a ponytail. She grabbed her book, and rushed into the kitchen.

"Good morning, sunshine! How did you sleep?" Her dad asked, folding his newspaper neatly. 

"Very good! How about you?" She asked.

"Quite well, considering the cool conditions." He said, sipping his coffee. "Breakfast is on the stove. Waffles and eggs, your favorite."

"Thanks, dad!" She said, before hurrying over to the stove, where she plopped the meal onto the plate. Grabbing a fork, she walked to the dining table. There she scarfed down her food, filling her eager stomach. After she was done, she scrubbed her plate, and put it back.

"Dad?" She called.

"I'm in the living room!" He called back. She walked in, finding her father reading a book.

"When are we leaving?" She said, leaning against the white door frame.

Not looking up from the book, he said, "Right now, if you're ready."

"Well I am." She replied.

"Okay, then grab me my coat." He said, closing the novel.

Charlotte obeyed, pattering across the apartment floors to her dad's closet. She slid the door open, revealing a row of coats. Tapping her chin, she settled on a jacket that matched her father's pants.

"I got your coat! Do you have the picnic basket?" She asked, passing her dad his coat.

" Yes, it is in the pantry." He said, slipping on his coat, and grabbing his shoes.

Meanwhile, Charlotte raced into the kitchen and threw open the pantry door. She immediately spotted the oversized basket, containing their lunch. She lightly picked it up, and rushed into the living room. Her dad grabbed his key, and Charlotte slid on her backpack. They ventured out of the small apartment, locked the door, and walked down the stairs.

The walk to the boat house was quiet. Side by side, they walked toward the water. Charlotte breathed in deeply, her nose tingling from the salty air.

They untied the small boat, packed in their stuff, and pushed away from the shore. Charlotte opened her book, while her dad dropped the sails. It was very peaceful, but peace can easlily change to hell.

~Author's Note~

Well! I hope you guys liked it:) I tried  to be mysterious and creative, haha! Enjoy;)

-Blondebabee