Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I turn and smile at the little boy running towards me.  Before he reaches me I close my eyes and lift my face up absorbing the sun. Tomorrow is my Birthday, July the 4th. I will make the sun shine hotter and brighter. For all these humans that are currently on the beach, along with the family I’m staying with. Well my family that is.

Mom said that her twice removed cousin fell in love with a human. She then left our realm and became human herself. So she could be with her one true mate. I held back a sob as I think about my true mate. It was all supposed to be like a fairy tale. You meet your mate. Fall in love instantly and then live happily ever after. Yet I had to be matched with a guy that was more self-centered then I was. I frown. There should only be one self-centered person in a relationship. That person had to be me.

I thought all was going well. Granted he really wasn’t paying too much attention to me as I hopped he would. I expected the man to fall in love with me. To worship me, as I would worship him. But he seemed preoccupied in other things. But that day he was talking to Justin. I walked in all happy to be around him. I heard him say he was ok with me for now.

I was heartbroken. Did he not know I was his mate? Did he not care?

There was too much on my mind and I had to get away. I went home crying and mother came to my room. She held me as I sobbed. She explained he was just a little immature and was upset he would take over his father’s business. I didn’t understand. I was taking over mothers summer season. I was happy about it. Why was he not happy to do his part?

“That’s because he’s a total loser Summer” Fallon said making me mad.

“Fall get out of here.” She shrugged.

“The truth hurts” I glared at her.

“We’ll see how things go when you find your mate” I say to her.

She shrugs again “I don’t need or want one. So don’t worry, we are talking about your loser mate.’ I threw my pillow at her. She giggles and popped away.

“Ah, that sister of yours. But honey I think you should take a break and give this boy some time to grow up. Give me a month with him. I promise he will return to you and finally see the error of his ways.” She tilted my face up so I was looking her in the eyes. She then whipped the tears from my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

“My darling girl, he was not aware you are his mate. Please do not feel rejected. He loves you. His anger is just clouding his judgment. But worry not, when he returns to you. He will be everything you ever wanted in a mate. Then you will be as happy as your sisters are.”

I smiled at mother feeling way better. She always has a way of making me feel better. “Mom, do you think he will miss me?” I asked her.

“My dear girl, I believe he will. Now go visit my cousin on earth. You will be able to do your job as summer and have fun with their little 6 year old. It will do your soul good.”

(What summer didn’t know was that her mate suffered for 3 weeks. When he was vanished by his father. But Mother Nature would go and visit him. She would smile as she put images of her daughter Summer in his head. She intensified his feelings for her. Making him feel what he should have felt when was around her. Not just the dull feeling he experienced through his anger. Yes, you should think twice before messing with a mother’s daughter.)

“Daniel” I scream out as his wet body hugs my leg.

“Summer come get in the water with me” he asked.

“But my hair will get wet Daniel” I said with a pout and he giggled.

“The sun will dry it fast. I am so happy the sun is so warm. Makes the cold water feel good.” He said in his little voice. He was way too smart for his young age. I’m guessing it’s because his mom was one of us once. But his words made me feel all warm and the temperature reflected it.

I raced him to the water and squealed when the cold water hit my skin. We had a lot of fun paddling around in the water. I was happy for a while. Not thinking about Cody for a while at least. When the sun started to go down we went for a family walk to the park. It was a beautiful evening and I was enjoying my time with them.

“Summer look at those flowers, their drying” Daniel said with a sad voice.

“Oh, that makes me sad too. Let’s make them happy again.” I said as I waved my hand over them and they straightened and bloomed anew.

“I love your magic” Daniel said as he clapped his hands.

“Summer, it’s not wise to let him see you doing that. He might tell someone.” Mom’s cousin Adrian said as she hugged Daniel to her.

“I won’t say anything mommy. I pinky swore to keep Summer’s secret. She’s a fairy you know mommy.” Then Adrian looks at me as if to say. ‘See he just told me right now.’ I giggled not really caring at the moment. When we got back we sat on the deck talking as Daniel snacked on some Orange slices.  I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

(During that time Daniel bit into the Orange slice and lost a tooth. Adrian took the tooth for Daniel had not even noticed and hid it in her pocket. This was the sign her cousin told her would mean the young man was finally ready to come claim his mate. She smiled happy for young Summer, for she showed happiness on the outside. But it was her silent sobs at night that reveled what she really felt. Tonight the Tooth fairy would visit her home and reconnect with his future. Just in time for Summers Birthday tomorrow.)

“All right Daniel you ready for your bubble bath?” I asked the little boy when I returned from the bathroom. The water had already started to fill the bath tub. He gladly jumped in my arms and I carried him to the bath. Once bathed, I tucked him in bed and read him a book.

“Summer, will you one day have children of your own?” Daniel asked me. I felt my heart tighten.

“I hope so” I whisper trying not to cry.

“Your baby will be very lucky. You will be a good mom. You are so nice to me.” I kissed his cheek and exited the room. I wiped at the tear that escaped as Adrian came to me.

“I heard. Tomas worries that my side of the family makes him at least 4 years older than his age. But how can you not love that little kid.” She said as she hugged me.  “By the way, do you mind sleeping in his room tonight?” She asked and I thought nothing of it.

“Sure” I said as I gathered my things and went to Daniel’s room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Hahaha,

Gotta love Mother Nature…