Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Cody, get your ass out of that bed and get the list ready. You will have to go to work very soon. Summer is our busiest season. Not only do children, lose their teeth naturally. But they do so many activities outside. They fall and lose their teeth by accident.” Father yelled and I closed my eyes.

Did he have to mention her name? I know he was referring to the season. But my mind congers up an image of Summer. My lovely sexy Summer, I’m such an idiot.  I pull the sheets from my face and glare at dad.

“Yeah, like that’s really going to have an effect on me young man. “ I reluctantly exit the warmth of my bed. It’s the only time I can rest without thinking of her. But it’s my entire fault so I guess it’s not fair to blame anyone else.

I got up and put on a grey sweater. I thought back to a month ago. Justin had hooked up with Spring and was very happy. It was at their party that I finally made contact with Summer. But I was so mad with dad. I was told that my whole life would change since it was time he stepped down and I took over the whole tooth fairy business.  But little by little we worked out a compromise. Starting with getting rid of those damn fairy wings. They made me look like a , I’m not even going to say it.

Luckily he agreed and now I have them on my chest. Their kind of cute I think.  But anyway after seeing Summer for a week to take my mind off what was going on. I was talking to Justin one day and he asked me if she was the one. You are supposed to know when you found the one. Now that I look back, all the signs were there. The tingling and the pull. But at the time I thought I was just getting ready to have a heart attack from my anger.

I over looked all the signs. Plus I had yet to kiss her. Then even my anger would have evaporated from the pull. But I never kissed her; I never really seemed to pay as much attention to her as she paid me. I think back at all the love that shun on her face.  She knew we were mates and I made her feel rejected when I told Justin she was ok for now at least she was taking my mind off dad.

I found out the next day she heard because when I went to look for her, she was gone. It was then that I felt the emptiness in my heat. But I still did not realize who or what she really was to me until a week ago. I was mad she left. I thought she left me for another guy. So my anger was so astronomical dad vanished me to a secluded are. There I destroyed anything I could get my hands on. I was alone there and my mind was chaotic.

All I could see in my mind was her, yet I still didn’t get what the hell was happening. It wasn’t until I was visited by all the guys that have already hooked up and then Justin told me to stop being so childish and go find my mate. I was thrown for a loop. My mate, who the hell was my mate? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, Summer…

I felt the air leave my lungs as everything seemed to be crushing in around me. I couldn’t breathe, I was going to die.

“Oh quite the whole panic attack shit boy” said cupid, or shall I now call him Mr. Santa.

“Breath Cody” Justin said as he pushed my head between my legs.

Once my world stopped revolving around me I looked at each and every man. “She was my mate and I failed to see it.” I said all upset.

“Well time to pull your head out of your ass and go get your woman. Future brother in law.” I smiled at Justin. But saying it proved to be harder than doing it. They are from a different realm.  We exist because of the humans that made us real. They exist because they are real. Mother Nature and her daughters the seasons make the human world go round.

So it was easy for her to hide from me. But now it’s time to get to work and put my big boy pants on. She will need to come to me sooner or later. We cannot live without our mates for long. Yet I will continue to look for my sexy little wild cat. I smile remembering how mad she was before she left.

I’m surprised that surge of lust that entered my body. Was not enough to snap me out of my anger, long enough to see who she really was.

Tooth fairy Senior’s POV

I popped into visit Mother Nature. “It has been almost a month of making my son suffer. Your daughter must be suffering also. Will you please finally tell me where you sent her so I can have my son happy again?” I pleaded with her.

“That boy of yours needed to grow up so he could handle my Summer.  He also needed to be ready to take over your job. It seems he may now be ready. But he hurt my little girl. I cannot give you her location. But I can assure you he will find her himself. He will find her soon. It will be up to him to figure out how to get back in her good graces. They are mates and she will take him back because she must love him. That does not mean she has to trust him. It is up to him to earn the trust back.”

I nod in understanding for her words and worry. “I agree whole heartedly on that part. But the boy seems to have suffered a life time in this month. I believe he will earn her forgiveness.” She smiled at me.

“What will we do with these youths?” She asked with a gleam in her eyes. I smile remembering she still has 2 more daughters.

“What indeed” I answered before I took my leave.

Mother Nature’s POV

I laugh as he leaves; Summer is dying for young Cody. But the lady need not know that. It serves a man well to worry he may lose his other half.

“Augh, why can’t I go be with summer? Why does everyone have fun without me?”

I turn to look at my other daughter Fallon or fall as we all call her. Seems the anxiety of needing her mate is starting with this one. I smile knowing full well what will await my beautiful little girl.  “Fallon go visit Spring if you want. I'm sure she needs help with her morning sickness." She looks unhappy with my suggestion but pops away anyway.

Well Almost 3 down and 2 more to go..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Just a little insight on Cody and his anger issues. (Huff), he’s such a boy ..LOL