Chapter Two: Dimpled Hotty Meets Deranged Guppy

As soon as I got out off the car, I headed on towards the school entrance while keeping my gaze down. I had gotten used to the obvious snickering people usually did when I passed by.

Didn't these people have anything better to do than mind other people's business?

Anyways, focus on the mission, Savannah. Focus.

The mission is to be as invisible to the human eye as possible.

Roger that, Agent Miller?

Copy.

Mr. Fern eyed me curiously as I brisk walked towards the building. When he finally drove away, I tried my best to walk as quickly as humanely possible in a slick manner imitating a bad spy thriller.

Faye was so wrong. I could make a living as a ninja. I could even be a billionaire! I'm awesome.

So far so good. I was about to reach the school entrance intact and free from any humiliating events when I bumped into something hard which threw me off balance. I was so close! Darn it.

Before I face pummeled into the ground, a pair of strong sturdy arms grabbed a hold of my shoulders before spinning me around to face him.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't notice you were there. My name's Evan by the way."

I remained quiet, not really looking up at whoever this Evan guy was. That's right, Savannah. Make him feel guilty. 

"I'm kind of new here so I didn't know where I was actually going" he said sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.

“Are you really planning on ignoring me?”

I looked up in annoyance at the person who tripped me and instantly froze.

He definitely was a new student, a very hot new student.

He had dark brunette curls that were cleanly kept. He was staring at me with those gleaming blue green eyes that held so much mystery in them and he had such a nice smile with dimples. He was at least 6’ or a 6'1" tall, give or take, which was a tad bit taller than my 5'8" frame. He wore a simple black round neck t-shirt that hugged his fit body in all the right places paired with navy blue jeans and sneakers.

I was inwardly swooning.

With the way I was opening and closing my mouth, that for sure did not look attractive; I probably looked like a dehydrated guppy. Or, a deranged guppy. So much for impressive first impressions.

On cue flashback a few years from now: dimpled hotty meets deranged guppy.

"Are you okay? You seem kinda lost too. Are you new here as well?”

Oh, shoot. He must think I'm some sort of creep!

Think, Savannah. You must form words!

I quickly composed myself before answering. "I'm okay. I've been to this school all my life." I grimaced at the sudden flashback of all the bullying and pranks I've been through here. They weren't happy thoughts. I remember that one ti-

"So, what's your name?" He asked interrupting my train of thought. 

"I'm Savannah, Savannah Miller."

"I'm Evan. Just in case you didn't get it the first time since you pretty much zone out most of the time" he said with an upturn snide of his lips turning into a smirk. He has got to stop that. My feeble heart can only take so much of his hotness.