Love, Wren

Dylan and I had reluctantly talked everything over. She felt that it would be best if we just kept our relationship and let whatever my father had wanted play out, and when it did only then could we be public about dating.

I was against this on so many different levels. As a bisexual person, it was easy to hide my identity and be made to feel like I needed to hide parts of myself. I was in love with Dylan and I wasn't about to go back into hiding myself to please others. Especially people like my father.

Whatever my father had planned he didn't deserve any of it especially knowing what he has done to Dylan.

Then there was the issue of my mother. I wanted so much to keep her out of everything that my father had created because I knew how much heartbreak that it would bring along with it. But my mother was an adult and she had the right to know that her ex-had been meddling in vicious ways in her daughter's life.

My mother was of course heartbroken. She was the type that didn't cry in front of me or the boys because she wanted to always be strong for use. But when I told her what Scott had done she cried.

My heart ached at seeing my mother so weak, after everything that she had already struggled through and now she had to come to terms with the fact that her ex-husband used me and Dylan for his own financial gains.

I wanted to deal with my father own my own and I wanted him to stay as far as possible from my family, from Dylan, but also Caroline. I still didn't understand her exact involvement in the entire situation but I intended to find out.

My mother insisted that we would deal with my father as a family. I called my father. I hadn't called him in years. I remember how I used to call excited to hear my Daddy's voice on the other line. I was always so excited to make plans, excited to talk to my father that I never noticed that he never called me first. I tried not to notice when he stopped picking up the phone. I didn't notice when I stopped making an effort to call him.

When he arrived, I had to clutch the side of the sofa to keep from shouting at him. I glared at him very openly though.

"Scott." My mother said cordially, motioning for him to sit in the living room with us. My mother forced the boys upstairs, making sure they were well invested into a movie. My mother was cautious about letting them see our father. It was no use in getting their hopes up when he was this person.

" Ava, what in the world could you want? I told you I'm very busy." My mother sneered. I couldn't even fathom how this man, this man that used to have the stars in his eyes and all the love in the world for my mother, me, and my siblings could be the same one who was standing in my living room checking his watch.

"Scott, please cut the crap. We need to talk." My mother sat across from me waiting for my father to sit. He doesn't.

I itched to punch him in his chiseled jaw but instead, I tapped my knees incessantly. "Scott," I said in a mocking way. I saw a flicker of something go across his face at the mention of his name from my mouth. But it was gone as quickly as it had shown itself. "I know what you did to Dylan. I know you threatened her."

Scott simply rolled his eyes. "That is what this is about? That delinquent? I'm sure she would say anything just to get in your pants. Did you ever consider that? "

"Don't you dare talk about her like that! Don't you dare act like you are so innocent!" I was on my feet ready to cross the room, but my mother held out a hand stopping me.

"That girl has done nothing to warrant your attitude. She has been so kind to the boys and is in love with Wren and you took advantage of her and your own daughter, Scott. "