It's Never Too Late To Start Over

So I really hope everyone is still enjoying this story. I meant to update sooner but I literally kept forgetting to do so.

When I updated the last chapter I forgot how hard it is to get people to read my stuff! Lol anyways please enjoy this chapter. If you guys have any improvements you see feel free to message me! But be nice please!

Anyways, read on!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The car is filled with silence because I can't find myself to speak when I am immersed into the world of Dylan all over again. I haven't been in her car for so long, I almost forgot what it's like in here.

Frankly it is a mess, but ironically the good kind. Just from looking at the inside of her car you can tell everything you want to know about her. There are plastic wrappers crunching under my feet that are not fast food wrappers, but the plastic sleeves that new comics wear. They were thrown to the floor because Dylan couldn't wait to get home to read them.

There are CD cases stuffed in any place that they could fit because Dylan loved music. There is a skateboard that is jammed into my leg, though I know she doesn't ride as often as she used to. Then the glove compartment lay open with comics and a book that has plenty of wear and tear along with dog ears throughout it. I know it is The Lighting Thief without even having to look at the cover.

I miss being in this car. But right now, I feel more suffocated by everything Dylan and Dylan herself more than anything.

Neither of us said anything, but even then the air feels too tense. The tension is too thick to try and slice through with words at this point. The only sound is the annoying tapping of Dylan's fingers against the steering wheel.

Dylan sighs, clearly noticing that I'm going to say anything first. "How's your hand?"

I barely even notice the throbbing in my wrist while I stare at her face while she isn't looking. The street lights reflect on her serious face making her look like the Dylan that I remember. She is always so deep in thought. She is always so distracting.

She glances over at me when I didn't respond right away. I quickly look away. "Um, it's fine. It still hurts but less I guess."

Dylan hesitates. It's a red light so that gives her the freedom to stare at me for as long as she wants. I didn't look at her; I just pretend to not feel the heat of her eyes on my face while staring at a tree near us.

I just can't stand it anymore. I can't' stand not mentioning the giant elephant that sat in the car with us. I finally say something as Dylan pulls off from the light. "What happened to us?" I say quietly. Dylan wipes her face with her hand, leaving the other one on the steering wheel. She sighs, frustrated, trying to gather her words. She doesn't say anything the rest of the ride until we get to the hospital.

The red color of the emergency sign on the hospital is covering us like a blanket as we sit in the parking lot. I patiently wait for her to speak since I know she is having a hard time.

"It's not so much what happened to us," Dylan falters for a moment. "It was more what was happening with me. I was going through...let's call it a rough patch."

I wait a moment feeling that she isn't finished. I just started down at my hand that sat in my lap. "I'm over it now." Her voice sounds weird when she said that, but I let it pass seeing the look in her eyes. I didn't want to push too far, scaring her away from me all over again.

I didn't really know what to say. I want to know what happen during our moment of reprieve. What could have been so bad that it took her from me? "Do you want to tell me about it?" I say shyly not wanting to pry too much.