fun

When they finally set foot on the island Nico toppled over and fell headfirst into the sand. Percy had been too lost in thoughts and couldn't catch him in time, instead grabbing for thin air and promptly dropping on top of the younger teen who groaned painfully. „Oops...sorry..." Percy exclaimed with a tinge of red and got off the other boy, pulling him up by one arm. They looked at each other for a second, then brushed the sand off their clothes and looked around curiously. Indeed there was a small cabin not too far from when they were standing, surrounded by a couple of nice big trees. Other than that there wasn't much to see except some rocks further away and what looked like a spring. All in all it reminded Nico a bit of the island they had stranded on, just that it had a nicer, more positive feel to it and there was still that house. Maybe there was somebody living there that could help them find out where they were and how to get back to their ship.

They walked towards the house and Percy knocked, but nobody answered the door. „Hello? Anybody there?" He called and Nico glanced around them in case there was a surprise monster attack. But nothing happened. Percy glanced over at the back of Nicos head and tried to open the door. It flew open but creaked loudly as if it hadn't been open in centuries. They glanced at each other not too thrilled and stepped inside cautiously, this time with Nicos foot keeping the door from suddenly closing shut. „Hello?" Percy called again and looked around. It didn't seem too bad inside. Obviously it hadn't been used for a while but it couldn't have been vacated for as long as the creaking door had made it seem. There was only a small layer of dust on the floor and the furniture around. All in all it seemed like a pretty decent house to live in, really. They were currently standing in the hallway, straight ahead seemed to be the living room for there was a low table and some dusty pillows on the floor as if to indicate seats. To their right was another open door with the bathroom and to their left were two more closed doors. „Think it's safe to look around?" Percy asked and looked back to Nico. The younger boy was surprised to find Percy suddenly asking for his opinion. If he recalled correctly, before Percy had simply went and explored, expecting Nico to follow. Slowly, he shrugged and slowly took his foot away from the door. They both watched it quietly for some minutes, but nothing happened. Then they went for the living room that turned out to be both living room and kitchen. It seemed quite spacious, big enough for at least 3 people and had a nice big glass door to some kind of patio. The kitchen was as dusty as the rest of the house but other than that in good condition with a small gas stove and some shelves and cupboards full of useful utensils like knives and the like. They eyed the bathroom, suddenly aware that, ever since they had stranded here, they hadn't needed one. Then they stood in front of the two closed doors. „Maybe it will be two bedrooms?" Nico guessed and Percy shrugged. Percy stood on the door closer to the entrance and put his hand on the doorknob slowly. Nico mimicked him on the other door. They nodded at each other and opened them. While Nico was facing a normal bedroom with a big bed and an even bigger wardrobe, Percy was looking at some kind of storage room full of old brooms and – to his surprise – their weapons! They were leaning against the wall at the end of the room, the only shiny things surrounded by dust. Percy walked towards them, Nico jumping behind him to hold the door open, just to make sure. Percy could only chuckle at how worried Nico seemed to be parted from him, even though he wasn't any different. He grabbed the two swords, wondering why Riptide was in his sword form anyways, but as he touched it, it turned back into the usual ballpoint pen. He put it in his pocket and returned with Nicos Stygian Iron sword, handing it back to him. Nico took it cautiously and eyed the room suspiciously but didn't say anything. „So...only one bedroom then?" Percy sighed and looked into the room Nico had opened. The younger boy blushed at the words and instantly started muttering something indistinguishable. „Hm? What?" Percy asked as he opened the wardrobe and found clothes their size inside. „I can...you know...sleep in the living room...", Nico blabbered flustered and Percy turned. „Huh? Why? We can share a bed if you-..." He stopped, remembering what they had done the last time they had been so close. There was an awkward silence. Then Nico turned around wordlessly and marched towards the living room. Percy wanted to stop him but didn't really know what to say. When he joined Nico, he was already busy with opening all the windows and the door to the patio and getting rid of all the dust with a broom. Percy opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't think of anything, so instead he took of Nicos jacket to protect it from getting dirty, grabbed another broom and helped Nico. The cleaning was faster done as expected and they looked around the rooms once more, surprised at how well kept everything here was. „I wonder what happened to the owner..." Nico muttered but Percy didn't really want to know.