Chapter 8: How to deal with a monster

Disclaimer Notice! I do not own the francise – Katekyo Hitman Reborn. What I do own though, was this crazy plot twist of the canon story that my twisted mind formulated plus the additional character I inserted to give color to this story.

Author's Note! Book One is closing to its end! I knew how it end, but I just couldn't connect the dots. Ah! I shouldn't have made the timeline so darn complicated. I'm totally regretting it now. Darn.

THE SKY WITHOUT ITS ELEMENTS

A Katekyo Hitman Reborn Fan Fiction

Chapter Eight

How To Deal With a Monster

I was surrounded by blurred images; everything seems fazed. I seemed to be caught up in the middle of a battlefield; the windows were shattered, the ceiling has a big hole in the middle that made the place similar to a skyscraper, the floor is a mass of debris probably from the shattered walls – the whole scenery may even be compared to a one where an elephant goes berserk inside a four-columned room. Speaking of rooms, it seems like the battle had taken place somewhere inside a manor. A manor that looked awfully familiar.

I gazed at my right, and saw a person with an eerily white hair. Armed in both of his hands, were dynamites that are ready to light within seconds. His back was face to me, blocking my sight from seeing his face. Strangely though, I felt very comfortable in his presence, almost felt safe. His presence was like a person promising to me that no harm shall befall on me. What a weird conclusion that is!

He was fighting someone, that I could tell. This certain someone who fights with blades, judging from the cuts on his arms and legs that oozed blood. Those cuts were deep, I thought as I stared at his bleeding wounds.

There was a nagging feeling inside me. I wanted to help! But, something held me firm. Something a simple eye couldn't see. It was like a force.

My head felt heavy when I thought about it. Somehow, something inside my brain prevented me from digging further with that thought.

On my left was another man. He was a bit taller and in his hand was a sharp long blade, very sharp judging from the lit of sun that reflects on it. Like the white haired fellow, his back was faced to me thus preventing me yet again from seeing their faces.

It sickens me how I felt relieved being close with those two. No matter how many time I tried to search my mind, I can't seemed to grasp the idea why I am comfortable with those two. Speaking of the sword-san (I felt that I should call him that), he also looked like he's battling someone. Someone who knows how to use whips, judging from the marks of a rope in his neck.

All of a sudden, the world seems to blur further. I felt a throbbing pain in my mind. I grasped my head. It felt like my mind was splitting into two! I cursed. Why do I felt so helpless?

Suddenly, there was a sound of a gun being charged. The sound of the safety pin being removed. My eyes widened. And although I felt hazy, I tried to search for the gun which was now loaded.

A gun was the most dangerous weapon. For it can kill you within seconds. It only gives its victim an approximately time of 3 seconds to react after the bullet is fired. That's an awfully short time for your brain to command your mind. Unless trained fully well, one cannot dodged a bullet, especially if it's only inches away from you. Just like what it was for me.

I saw the man holding the gun. He was inches away from me, an approximately amount of 12. That makes the time for the bullet to hit me shorten. The gun was directly pointed at my chest, and gladly not in my head.

A sweat formed in my forehead as I tried to comprehend my current situation. I couldn't afford to blink, for he may shot the bullet, and when I opened my eyes again, I would certainly face death. I then saw his smirk.

My head seems to only focus on recognizing the enemy's appearance. Perhaps so I could at least remember who killed me, and I could haunt him when he sleeps. That, of course, after I'm dead. So does that mean that I had already accepted that I could no longer survive this tragedy? Does my death has been ensured? Maybe that's the reason I kept on starting at him.

His height - he was as tall as the man who wield a sword. His hair - as dark as night. His smirk - malicious and full of evil. His skin - pale but not as white as that of a ghost. His posture and the way he held the gun - it looked like he had received a proper training and has been prepared for this day to come. His gaze – frightening and his eyes - an enigmatic shade of purple...

A loud bang erupted.

I felt a sharp pain cruise my body. I looked down and saw blood trickling from my chest. Oddly, I felt like smiling. Oh? The bullet had been fired already?

I felt myself being pulled by the force of gravity. I then felt myself hit the hard ground. The sounds of the room seemed to melt. My gaze became blurry once more. I closed my eyes and tried to even my rapid breathing. So is this what dying felt like?

I saw pictures being flashed in my mind. It was like watching your life, though it still confused me on why I can't seem to remember any of it. I couldn't see the faces of the people that flashed in my mind, but I somehow felt relief washed over me.

I heard voices calling me, forcing me, ordering me to open my eyes. I tried to listen to them, believing that maybe it was the right thing to do. I forced my eyelid to open, but it felt like pushing a heavy metal using mental powers. It felt heavy, very heavy.

Once I decided that maybe it wasn't the right thing to do. Instead of following their opinion, I tried following my own option - and that is to simply close my eyes and focus on the sounds.

"J....u..daime" I heard a word that felt foreign on my ears.

"T...una" why would they be calling me by a fish's name? Weird.

"T....tsuna...." was that a name? Was it my name?

"S....sa...sawada...." Another one! Perhaps...it was a second name? Another name for me?

"Tsunayoshi.....Sawada...."

"TSUNA!!!!"

My eyes snapped open and I was brought back to the world they called 'reality'.

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW!

Don't try thinking of anything else...

It would make things much harder...

It would make things more painful...

You don't want to suffer again...

Do you?

I nodded.

"Tsuna? Are you alright? Why are you nodding?" a soft voice spoke to me. I slowly glanced up and met a pair of red eyes. That was Junko...right? "Junko...Yes, yes I'm alright...Oh, it was nothing" I explained. I can't just tell him that there seemed to be another person inside of me right? I might sound crazy.

But, somehow whenever I spoke their names, I felt the guilt on me disappear. It was like...some secret ritual I could eventually be used to. "I'm glad to hear that...." He spoke softly. He then turned to his left and knocked Yasu's head. Yasu smirked back as Junko began scolding him.

This scene, where have I saw it before?

Author's Note!

If you like my work, do consider buying me a coffee! <3 Coffee keeps me awake 0_0 and I might write more ;)

https://ko-fi.com/naxxerie

NEXT CHAPTER! CHAPTER NINE – AWOKEN CAPTIVE

NOTE! This has been my first time writing from a first person's point of view....and I had to do Tsuna's?! So, how did it go? Did I do well describing his thoughts? Did I do well confusing you further? Hope I did! XD Leave a review!