three

|Mr. Tomlinson|

The phone rang waking me up from sleeping the day away. I woke up every so often throughout the night the sleeping pills didn’t do their job correctly. It was twelve in the afternoon and I planned on skipping the trip to the doctor and not going to my shift at the Garden House. I couldn’t say I didn’t miss sleep- but I couldn’t say I had a great sleep.

My dreams were filled with nightmares that crawled at my sanity when I woke up. Every time I woke up I couldn’t help but freak out for a moment. Every time I woke up it felt like my sanity was gone for a split second, I guess sleeping pills don’t take away the dreams that scared me to death.

That’s another reason I don’t sleep is because of him and because of the nightmares that lingered in my head every night. My dreams scared me though, from what he said last night and the dream it made me wonder if the dream came true.

I slammed my hand on the table beside my bed and searched for the small phone. “Hello?” I coughed clearing my throat. Getting off the bed I dragged myself to the kitchen and took out some leftover pizza. The line was silent for a moment then a girl talked.

“Yes Payton this is Mrs. Gande um we need you to come in late today something happened. You will h-have a new Doctor and he is younger so, be nice to him everyone is shaken up about this.” Her voice was shaking over the phone and she seemed to be nervous, what happened to Doctor Dan?

My breathing grew heavy my nerves taking over, my hands shook the phone and became sweaty. “W-What happened to my other doctor?” I unsteadily asked. I took the pizza out and put some on a plate and began to eat it.

“Oh Payton he died, he was murdered last night at his house. I’m sorry I knew you guess were on rough terms.” Soon after she said that I hung up. It’s happening again.

I walked around the house back into my room and looking at the closet that wasn’t boarded up anymore. It was hard to breath a lump in my throat was forming and my legs began to shake with fear. I walked over to the closet ad peaked in opening the door all the way.

There I saw something that made me scream, there was a gun, knives, and other sharp and murderous objects. I slammed the door shut dropping my pizza in the process and ran into my living room taking my phone out.

I dialed the number I knew from memory and waited for Niall to answer. “Hey Pay what do you need?” Niall’s voice was groggily which was good meaning he got some sleep. I guess both of us got some sleep last night.

I bounced my leg up and down and looked around the house, my living room was a mess blanket scattered the floor was plates were on the coffee table. “Niall ca-can you come over? I’m nervous to be here alone right now.” I was close to tears at this point.

“I’ll be there in a moment; I’ll be there soon babe.” Niall hung up and I waited for him to come over. The clouds outside were dark covering the sun it was about to rain.

I was not a person to complain when it rained I enjoyed it. I loved the sound of the rain smacking down on the roof. I turned on the TV flipping through show after show landing on ABC family Harry Potter was on.

Soon the door opened and Niall came in not caring to ring the doorbell. I should start locking my door. “Payton what’s wrong?” Niall jogged into the living room he was in sweats, and he looked like he just woke up.

His hair was everywhere sticking up where and there and his eyes were droopy. I must have woken him up. Niall sat down next to me letting me cuddle into his chest, this was often what we did. Cuddled, it was like a “friends with benefits” thing but we didn’t like one another in that way. I told him what happened that my dream came true and that I had to leave soon, I left out the murder weapons in the closet though.