2x03

Quote: "Not all girls are made of sugar, spice, and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, brains, adventure, and no fear."

Published: April 9, 2018

|

Chapter 3: "Ice Pick"

My heart is racing in my chest as I run through the Preserve. It's dark outside and I'm trying my best not to trip over anything. From a distance I can hear someone running behind me. I keep on ducking and jumping over branches as I hear the footsteps getting closer. Without thinking I quickly hide behind a huge tree frantically trying to catch my breath.

A few seconds later I hear rustling to my right and then a loud hissing sound a few feet away from me. I slowly look over to the right of me to see a shadow of someone on all fours.

It walks closer to me and into the moonlight to where I can see that it's not someone, but something. A creature giant like lizard stares right back at me with its slitted yellow eyes.

I cover my mouth to not let out a scream as I quickly turn on my heel and start running again

I cover my mouth to not let out a scream as I quickly turn on my heel and start running again. I don't get very far as I feel its tail wrap around my ankle tripping me. When I turn towards it it swipes its claw at me tearing through the skin on my leg.

There is a tingling sensation that goes throughout my body and as quick as it was there it was gone. I quickly get up before it can attack me again, but as I turn around I'm suddenly surrounded by a ring of fire. I frantically spin around to see the creature is gone and the flames rise higher as I try to escape. The heat from the flames start to burn me a little, but there is no sign of surviving this.

I wake with a gasp as I still feel the heat from the flames. My eyes widen as I actually see the fire surrounding my bedroom and suddenly out of nowhere the flames disappear not leaving a charred spot behind.

I look around confused and I lay back down in bed rubbing my temples as a headache starts to form. That dream just felt so real, I mean the fire actually happened which I fear the most. If that was real, can that lizard creature be real too?

That fire most definitely happened because of my subconscious or something. What the hell did Peter do to me?

My heart rate and breathing finally went back to normal, but the calmness quickly fades at I start to feel a burning sensation on my left wrist. I sit up too quick as I get a little dizzy and the burning intensifies. I look to my wrist to see something black start to form and I slightly yell out in pain.