Chapter Two

Even though the event that happened at the training grounds was about a month ago, I still want to know what exactly happened while I was blinked out. Trying to clear my mind and at least try to forget about the event for a moment, I'm treating Choji Akimichi to lunch. Not because he's in the same team as Shikamaru but because he's the only person I know who wouldn't turn down a plate of food.

While waiting for him, I ordered a glass of water. Felt like hours before Choji came in running and behind him was Shikamaru. Knowing that Choji bought Shikamaru made me a little mad but I couldn't get mad at Choji. He might not know what's going on, maybe Shikamaru still didn't tell him even though they are best of friends.

"I'm sorry, Kimiko! I hope you don't mind me bringing Shikamaru. We was training a-" I stopped him with a soft slap on his forehead. "It's okay, you don't need to say sorry about anything." A faded smile came across my face.

Shikamaru sat in front of me and Choji next to me. Choji started to order his plates of food without even looking at the menu. Shikamaru just leaned back, placed his hands behind his head, closed his eyes and said "What a drag." I don't know if he was referring to Choji ordering or him being here with me. Nevertheless, he looked peaceful and I continued looking at the menu and finally decided what I wanted to eat.

Once we all got our food, we begun to eat. 10 minutes passed and Choji was on his third plate while Shikamaru and myself was still on our first one. Not like I was going to order another plate anyways but just watching Choji happily eating made me laugh a little. I wasn't sure about Shikamaru though. He was eating and all but he haven't said a word or even look towards me.

I realized that Ino walked in the restaurant and started to walk towards us. Perfect timing. "Choji, I'm sorry to interrupt your lunch but I need your help with something. Can you come now?" Shikamaru looked up at her. This action of his, kind of made me angry because we was here for almost an hour and he didn't even look at me but when Ms. Perfect Ino walked in, his eyes are all over her. Choji nodded, swallowed and thanked me for the treat. They walked out. At my surprise, neither Shikamaru or Ino said a word to each other.

Just knowing that I was alone with Shikamaru made me feel uncomfortable. I know I shouldn't feel this way. I should be feeling glad that I'm with him, alone. Shikamaru looked down at his plate once again and taking another bite of it. I couldn't handle this anymore. I put my fork down and just when I was going to say something, He spoke. "I have a question for you." Somehow, I was shocked because this question can go either way. I nodded as a sign of approval but of course, it backfired on me since he wasn't even looking towards me. "Go ahead."

He finally made eye contact with me and took a long pause. I wasn't sure what he was going to ask. Like I said, it can go either way. "I know I wasn't fighting against you that day at the training grounds." I became more shocked when he spoke these words. I wasn't sure what to say. "And how you're so sure?" Shikamaru closed his eyes. Most likely, thinking how troublesome I was. He finally opened his eyes again, "For starters, you don't talk about yourself as a third person. Next, your inner self explained everything to me already. Lastly, your inner self and you have completely different fighting styles."

My eyes widen. I wasn't sure if he was lying or not. Then again, he can't be lying cause everything he just said is on point. "If you know everything already. What's your question then?" Shikamaru made eye contact again and leaned back. "How come you don't freak out when you see me? When Ino and Sakura used to see Sasuke, they used to freak out. Don't forget about Hinata when she sees Naruto, she turns tomato red. So, explain me that." He looked so calm when he said these words but at the same time, I was mad at the fact that he knows now. "I don't need to explain nothing to you, Shikamaru!" Shikamaru closed his eyes again, "How troublesome." He got up and sat next to me. I was trapped between a wall and well, Shikamaru.

"Explain." That was the only word he said staring at me. "I don't need to ex-" Shikamaru leaned in and kiss me. He grabbed my red hair as if he making sure that I can't back away from the kiss. As if I wanted to. He finally release the passionate kiss he gave me and without a word, he just left. He left me confused, shocked and with butterflies in my stomach.