Chapter One

I entered the Hidden Leaf Village a couple of months ago. My new teammates are Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno since they needed a new member after Sasuke Uchiha left. Naruto was a hard-headed person but he was only like that because he always wanted to be there for Sakura. You can tell he loved her deeply.

Well, enough of my teammates. I always thought Shikamaru Nara was one of the most handsome and smartest person in this village. After all, he is knew for having an IQ of over 200. Since the day I laid my eyes on him, I knew I wanted him for myself but I honestly don't ever think I can even have him for myself for two reasons. Firstly because he never showed interest in me and secondly because he's always with this beautiful, blond girl named Ino Yamanaka. I know they're each other's teammates but for some reason, I came to this conclusion that they're meant for each other so why bother?

I do remember the first time Shikamaru and myself spent an afternoon training together. My teammates went to a mission and his teammates were busy doing errands for Asuma. I made it before him to the training grounds so I decided to just lay on the ground, look up to the sky and wait for him. I was so lost into my thoughts, I haven't noticed that Shikamaru entered the training grounds. "How troublesome." For some reason, I didn't freak out. I just looked towards my left shoulder and he was just THERE. The Sun hitting him, almost perfect.

He started to walk towards me while I was getting up from the ground. "Now that I'm here, I don't think I can even train with you." Somehow these words bothered me. "How come?" The only words that can actually escape for my mouth. "How can I fight a girl?" These words that came out of his mouth, made my blood boil. He can't fight me because I'm a girl? With the anger building inside of me, I threw a punch towards Shikamaru's direction but he simply just stepped out of the way. "What a drag." I almost fell to the ground for using so much power and missing. "What the hell is wrong with you? You actually don't want to fight me cause I'm a girl?" You can hear the anger in my voice when I spoke these words to him.

Even though I was crazy about him, I would never show my feelings towards him and I never told anyone but my inner self. That's one thing about me that nobody knows. How I describe it, I'm 2 people in 1. Sometimes, she just comes out at the wrong moments. Since the day I entered the village, she hasn't came out. Well, until that day.

After I finished the sentences, I haven't realized that Shikamaru used his Shadow Possession Jutsu on me. "How troublesome of you, Kimiko." I couldn't move. How and when he even used his jutsu on me? I kept wondering until he spoke again.

"Just know you let your guard down after throwing your punch. Rule number one, never let your guard down." My blood was boiling again. "Shikamaru, can you please undo this jutsu?" He just ignored me.

'Kimiko, why do you always put yourself in this position?' My eyes widen. It can't be happening. Not now! 'Shocked? Looks like you know what's going to happen next.' All I heard next was an evil laugh. I blinked out, felt like hours before I came back to my body. I found Shikamaru over my body, pinning me down. He was badly hurt, and I was too. You can tell he has no clue what just happened.

He rolled next to me and said, "Oh man, those clouds are so lucky. So free. More to the point, I didn't felt like doing this in the first place. And I only became a ninja because I thought life wouldn't been more interesting as one. I suppose things aren't going to be that simple." When I looked to my side where Shikamaru laid, he was passed out.

That was the first and last time we trained together. Til this day, I still don't know what happened during the fight. We never spoke about it again so I'm guessing I'll never know either.