The Discovery

Evie’s POV:  

        The chorus of hungry boys only grew louder as Evie took the time to contemplate if she wanted to take them out. She couldn’t get over how oblivious these guys were.

        “Boys, didn’t Harry just get in trouble for going out? And you want to try it again?”

        This snapped them out of their hunger induced chants. “She does have a point, lads” Liam said, clearly saddened by the thought of having to eat hotel food. Before this realization could settle in, however, Louis perked up. 

        “But how is it fair that Harry got to go out and not us? How about we all go and pick up some food!” Louis’ expression was a proud one. The other boys quickly chirped in agreement. 

        Evie rolled her eyes, but placed her hand on her stomach. She was getting pretty hungry. After getting her friend’s gift, she had planned to pick up some food. Instead, she had picked up a British rockstar. Although one was more entertaining, it didn’t help her growing appetite. Babysitting a teenage millionaire was exhausting. 

        “Okay, okay. I am getting hungry too. Do you guys like burgers?” She regretted asking.

        “Burgers! Burgers! BURGERS!” Niall couldn’t contain his excitement. He disappeared into the door that led to the rooms, and returned seconds later with shoes and a hat. After staring at them for a few moments, he said “Aren’t you guys coming?”

        Within five minutes, the other boys had their shoes, sunglasses, and whichever other accessory they decided to bring along. As they were about to walk out the door, Evie remembered something. “Guys, my car only has four seats.”

        Harry caught on immediately, but Zayn spoke first, “So?”

        The rest of the group turned and stared at him until the realization that there were six of them dawned on him. He smiled sheepishly.

        Surprisingly, the boys remained unfazed. After promising Evie “We will fit,” they exited the hotel room and took the elevator down to the car.

        As soon as the doors of the elevator opened into the vast parking lot, Louis screamed, “I call the passenger seat!” This was followed by a few grunts as Evie led them to her car. Zayn, Liam, Niall, and finally Harry piled themselves into the back seat of her two doored car. When Louis went to push the seat back so he could sit down, Harry yelled at him.

        “This is not going to work. Move your seat up.” He repeated the last sentence a few more times until Louis was only a few inches away from the dashboard, and Harry had plenty of space for his long legs. After assessing his handiwork, Harry leaned back against his seat with his hands laced behind his head, and a smirk planted firmly on his face.

        Before backing out, Evie took a look around the car, and had to stifle a laugh. Louis was looking rather squashed next to her, while four large guys were somehow stuffed into the back two seats of her car. Harry and Liam were in the actual seats, while Niall and Zayn had somehow managed to stuff themselves into the spaces where feet normally went; the space that Harry had cleared for his legs was now occupied by Niall. But instead of looking upset at being confined in such a small place, they were all smiles. They obviously didn’t get out much. 

        “Okay, boys! Let’s go to PT’s!” 

                                                                                •••

         By the time the boys and Evie pull into the PT’s grille, she had a growing headache. She couldn’t say that she had had a bad time, but being stuffed in a small car with the members of One Direction wasn’t as wonderful as many other girls her age would have thought. Niall and Zayn had found a black lever on the side of her seat that caused it to slingshot forward. Thankfully, they used the one on Louis’ seat more. Just like earlier, some people in neighboring cars recognized the band members. They smiled, pointed, and in more ways than not, made out with their car windows. The boys played along, and put on their award winning smiles, but Evie could see the sincerity behind the expressions. 

        Evie jumped out of the car and told a very disgruntled group of guys they had to stay in the car, while she went inside to get the order slips. Once they had them filled out, she sticks out her hand expectantly, with a grin on her face. “Oh right, now you will take my money,” Harry quips. 

        Once Evie returned with the food, she placed all the bags in a very happy Louis’ lap. “I would be fine just smelling food this good! Why doesn’t England have a PT’s?”

                                                                                •••

        It was hard, but Evie managed to get the stars to wait until they were back in the hotel to eat their food. Because of this promise, they basically ran down the hallway of hotel rooms once they reached the seventh floor. Liam had the hotel keycard ready to unlock the room, when the door opened to an upset looking tour manager.

        “Where they hell did you guys go?” he demanded. 

        Niall was already thinking, and took out a cheeseburger from the bag he was holding and handed it to Paul. “We went to get lunch! Trust me, you won’t be angry once you eat that burger.”

        After looking back and forth between the burger and the boys, it was clear that Paul didn’t have it in him to be angry anymore. He was use to their antics, and the burger smelled enticing. With a final glare, he walked back and disappeared into the hotel room. 

        The guys collectively let out a breath they didn’t realize they were holding, and walked into the rooms. Spreading out much like they had before, they took over the living room space and began to eat. They mumbled thank you’s to Evie between every bite.

                                                                               •••

        It was close to six o’clock when Evie closed the door to room 701. She and the guys exchanged phone numbers, and promised to see each other soon. They had a lot of press to do, and were going to shoot a couple videos while staying in Wilmington. Evie wasn’t surprised, because she had often heard her home referred to as the “east coast Hollywood.” As she passed empty hotel room, after empty hotel room, she laughed to herself. Today had been crazy.

        But right as she was about to press the down button for the elevator, she heard a door open, the muted sound of feet running down the hallway, and Harry shout her name. “Wait, Evie! You need to see this.”

        When she turned to face him, he was holding out his iPhone, which was opened to his twitter app. His mentioned page was flooded with tweets, per usual, but this time they all had one common theme: pictures of her with him, and the other boys.

@Xxxxxxxxx: @Harry_Styles WHO WERE YOU IN WILMINGTON WITH TODAY?!? WHY WERE YOU IN HER CAR? 

@OneDirectionNewsSource: One Direction member @Harry_Styles was seen out and about today in Wilmington, NC with a mystery girl who has yet to be identified. Reports point to her being a local.

         Evie quickly pulled out her phone and unlocked it. Her followers were still in the two hundreds, and her last mention was from her best friend, Ella. No one had found her. Yet. 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long absence, but school had eaten away all my free time. But now that I am out, I will have time to regularly update again!

Please comment, vote, and let me know what you think of the story! I need your feedback, so that I can know if I should continute this story or not. :) Also, I was thinking of doing a contest of sorts to win a cameo spot in one of the upcoming chapters. Please comment and let me know what you think of this idea! Until next time!