Chapter 24

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait ... literally, long. I hope I made it up to you guys with this chapter!! Enjoy!

P.S.: Thank you to all of those who have pointed out errors and the right way to say things! I really do appreciate it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24

"If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm."

-  Frank Lane

*Rhea*

Nearly a fortnight has passed and Rhea had not received another of those letters. She trusts that it was likely a mistake and was glad that she did not share such unnecessary problems with Hadrian. In fact, she's ecstatic. Hadrian is also quite well; seeing as there have not been any incidents towards his wife or himself.

Hope that the situation has settled begins to rise and Rhea is anxious. Something is not quite right with the situation, but she has been dreadfully desperate for a break from all this madness. Hadrian spends an obscene amount of time with her now that they have insight on Lord Utteridge.

Everything is falling into place, they have never been better. Rhea's sickness is fading and Hadrian has finally relaxed, even becoming playful, at times. It lightens Rhea's heart to see him in such spirits.

Lately, her thoughts have trailed toward having a child. She could easily picture her husband with a squalling child in his arms, with his features and knowing eyes, cradling the babe to his chest.

Rhea's face heats up with emotion and she cannot hold back the desire to feel her own babe in her arms. She found no opportune time to mention it to Hadrian, yet she knew he desired an heir. But is that what's to become of the child?

An heir to dukedom, without love and care?

Rhea had no wish for such meager situations on her child's behalf. So immersed was she in her thoughts that she did not hear the footsteps enter into her drawing room, stopping right behind her, until she felt the soft brush of Hadrian's mouth on her nape. She shivered involuntarily.

God, this man was beautiful. He brought her to her knees and made her want to worship him and all his glory. The intensity of her emotions frightened Rhea, but she eagerly opened herself up to them, knowing that it was a privilege to look upon him and his splendor.

Rhea's eyes closed as she felt Hadrian's finger's trail down her arm and back up again. She let out a shaky sigh and opened her eyes again. Hadrian continues to lay kisses on her nape, coming over to her jawline.

After several moments of him holding her just so, he whisper's in her ears, "Do you know how stunning you look, little wife?"

Rhea's entire body bursts into flames. Hadrian always had a way of shocking her with his words. She did not know how she managed to survive them each day, they always broke her down and melted her from the inside.

"Hadrian . . ." Rhea whispered.

"Now, now, you know I cannot resist you. Must you distract me so that we cannot go on this excursion with the Brighton's?"

Rhea giggled, she knew Hadrian had no desire to go on this outing with Lady Amelia and Lord Daniel Brighton. She had heard quite the stories about the pair of them, but did not believe them to be true; merely petty rumors.

"You would find any excuse to not attend. Pray tell, what bothers you?" Rhea asked, turning around to face her husband.

As always, the man was breathtakingly handsome. His hair had been combed back and his attire fit just right. Rhea always reveled in his beauty. He was like Adonis, a god, and she was no less than willing to please him.