Chapter 5

A/N:

Attached is a photo of Karen's house :)

Anna's POV:

Me and Michael waited for or mothers to finish their reunion and I couldn't help but smile.

Karen turned to me "Wow! You look so like your mum up close" and pulled me in for a bone-crushing hug. I smiled at her, not knowing quite what to say.

I looked at Michael and grinned, it was so surreal just being here.

"Here I'll take that for you" Michael took my suitcase from me and smiled.

"Thanks" I blushed slightly.

Damn this boy.

We stepped out of the cool airport, the heat from the outside hitting us like the opening of an oven door.

As we walked towards the car park, weaving our way through the busy crowds of people waiting outside the airport, I looked around me, taking in the wonderful surroundings.

I was so absorbed in my own little world, I didn't notice the fact that I was veering closer and closer to the edge of the pavement, I took a few more steps then lost my footing, falling from the kerb.

I braced myself for the impact of the hard concrete on to my skin, when I felt two strong hands pull be back.

"Holy shit!" I mumbled, as the person who caught me pulled me into them.

"Anna? Are you okay?" I instantly recognised the voice as Michael's.

"Um yeah I'm okay, thanks for catching me" I blushed, laughing.

He released me from his arms and instantly I longed for his touch again.

"I would want a girl to fall with no one there to catch her" He laughed.

~

Michael finished placing our bags in the boot of the car, he was such a sweetie despite his slightly intimidating appearance.

We climbed into Karen's car, mum riding shotgun while me and Michael bagged the back seats, still laughing.

I quickly put my seatbelt on, tucking my feet up on the chair, I looked at Michael and caught him looking at me.

"You alright?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"Yeah I'm good" he replied with a smile that made me melt inside.

We pulled away from the hustle and bustle of the airport and a song came on the radio. I instantly recognised it as 'Up All Night' by Blink-182, my favourite. Gail reached for the dial on the radio to change the station.

"No don't change it, this is my favourite song!" Michael shouted.

I looked at him curiously "This is my favourite song too" I blushed.

"Really?" He looked at me.

"Yeah, you sound surprised" I laughed.

He raised his eyebrows as the chorus of the song came on and we sung along at the top of our lungs, I couldn't care less who heard or how bad I sounded.

~

We pulled up into the driveway of a large blue cladded house, It was beautiful.

Michael jumped out of the car me following close behind as we made our way to the boot of the car to grab the bags whilst mum did the same.

Karen walked up to the front door, unlocking it and gesturing for us to step inside.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" She laughed.

"Wow your house is so pretty!" I smiled, looking at the large entrance hall, admiring the polished wooden floors.

"Right we're going to the pub!" My mum announced, dumping her bags in the hall.

"Sorry to leave you guys already but we have some catching up to do! Michael look after Anna and show her to her room. Don't make too much of a mess and here's some money, order a pizza or something yeah!" She pushed a $20 note into Michael's hand and walked out of the door with my mum.

I rolled my eyes. My mother must be more of a party animal than me.

"So would you like the grand tour Miss Kingston?" Asked Michael.

"I'd love to Mr Clifford" I giggled.

He showed me round downstairs, there was a big pool in their garden, I couldn't wait to jump in and cool off after a long day.

He grabbed my bags, about to take them upstairs for me.

"Michael you don't need to take my bags, it's okay I can carry them"

"Nope, I'll take them! I know which room you're staying in anyways" He announced with a grin.

Grumbling, I followed him up the stairs. When we reached the top of the stairs he opened the second door on the left into a large turquoise room with a king sized bed and an en suite.

"Wow this is so nice!" I smiled, running up to the bed and clambering on.

I began to jump up and down "Michael get your ass up here!"

He dumped my suitcase by the door and joined me, jumping up and down in time with me. He laughed and pushed me gently, I grabbed his arm to help steady myself but ended up slipping. I fell flat on my face on the cushions and then I felt a weight come down across my legs.

"Urhhhhh!" Michael groaned.

"Stop moaning and get off me you're heavy!"

"Neverrrrrr!" He cried as he rolled off the bed.

"You're a dick! I wanna go in the pool!" I yelled as I got off the bed and walked towards my suitcase. Michael just laid on my floor as I rummaged around looking for my bikini.

"Go put some swimming trunks on or something, I need to get changed if we're going in the pool!"

"Oh okay, I'll go now" he looked sad, probably hoping I'd let him stay and watch me get changed.

Michael walked out and I grabbed my bikini, changing into it and removing my makeup. In checked how I looked quickly in the mirror, grabbed a towel and ran downstairs.

I couldn't wait to jump into the cool water I thought as I walked out of the kitchen, into the warm outdoors.

~