Last Diary Entry

"You go and rest, Mom. I can keep these on my own now," I told my mom after hearing her yawn. We were busy placing my gifts in the proper drawers, cabinets, and shelves inside my room.

"Are you sure?" she asked, and I nodded in response. "Alright," she replied before saying good night and walking to her room.

I then proceeded to tidy up. After keeping everything, I walked to my desk and looked at my diary.

It's funny how this thing became the reason why Gabriel and I started our war. This little bind of paper turned everything upside down.

"But it's over now," I said to myself, realizing that now that I have it back, the war has officially ended.

I grabbed a pen from my pen holder and opened the last page of the diary. This has been a huge part of my life, and before my day ends, I wanted to update it one last time.

April 23, 2017

Dear Little Lia's Diary,

Hey! Long time no write. I missed you. How have you been? I hope Gabriel took good care of you.

A lot has happened in the past years, and I wish you were there to experience every joy, love, pain, and hatred I felt, but you weren't, and I have Gabriel to thank for that.

When Dad was gone, I felt like my whole world crumbled. It was hard losing him. He was my greatest love, and it was heartbreaking to let him go that early.

But you know, when you weren't with me, I met the most amazing people with whom I could share all my thoughts and emotions. There was Stella, and she had never left my side since day 1.  At first, it was just the two of us, and then came four. Bianca, Khaila, Tori, and Hope are the most incredible people one can ever meet. We met them in 7th grade, and we have been inseparable since. We shared every joy and heartbreak together. We also grew and supported each other.

I was also capable of feeling what it's like to share the wonderful emotions of first love with the most perfect guy. Jaden was everything that a girl could ask for. It's not hard to fall in love with him, but he was too perfect that I didn't think we were made for each other. We still remained as good friends, and there will always be a place in my heart for him.

My hobbies and likes are still the same. I still love The Little Mermaid, but I look at it from a different perspective now. I also know what path I would want to take now, and that is designing. I swear, one day, I would put up my own shop and create a million outfits for the world to enjoy.

And my heart right now is in a good place. It beats only one name. He was my best friend, my enemy, and now, the love of my life. I never thought that all of this would happen. After hating him, I never thought I would fall for him so deeply. I didn't know when it started. Maybe when he was gentle with me when we played Romeo and Juliet, or perhaps when he took care of me when I was sick, or maybe when he always caught me when I fell... literally, or maybe it was when he held out an umbrella for me and owed up to his mistakes. I didn't know when exactly, but I do know that what I feel for him is different, and it's both exciting and scary. I want us to last, and I will make sure we will.

Gabriel, though I know you will never read this, you are the best thing I never knew I needed. I love you today and every day for the rest of my life.

And to sweet, sweet Lia, you would experience a lot for the following years of your life. You'll lose some people and gain some along the way as well. A part of you would feel like have been taken too, but just let it be. You can't control everything happening, so go with it. Let your diary get stolen, get revenge, and endure a lot of hate because everything that happens will lead you to a beautiful moment. A moment that you would want to freeze and keep forever. You will experience the greatest joy in life.

And if you don't believe me, just look at where I am now. Today has become the greatest day of my entire life. I got to spend it with the people I love the most, and I am grateful that I got to celebrate another year of my existence. Most of all, today, I can declare to the whole world that... I have fallen in love with my enemy.

Bidding farewell with love,
Lianna