Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jade’s P.O.V.

I let the words soak into my skin. It wasn't true. How could it be? I had no qualifications, no experience, no degree…

‘Jade? You in there?’ Zayn waved his hand in front of my face. They seemed to be doing that quite a lot lately.

‘Yeah… um…’ I trailed off, twiddling my thumbs. I COULDN'T BE THEIR MAKE-UP ARTIST! They needed someone professional, someone qualified, someone who wasn't me.

‘I knew it!’ Niall threw his arms up in frustration, ‘I knew she wouldn’t want to do it! I said it, didn’t I? I said it, but no one listens to little old Niall, he’s just a leprechaun, what would he know? Ugh I'm sick of people not listening to me just because I have a cute accent!’

I stood in shock at Niall’s little outburst. He stood there panting with his head down, fists clenched. I went over to him and wrapped him up into a hug. H responded immediately and hugged me back tighter than I did to him.

‘Of course I want to come on tour with you Niall, it’s just you need someone better than me to do it! I'm not good enough to be your make-up artist; I haven’t even been to college for it!’ I rubbed his back and I felt his muscles relax.

‘Oh we know,’ Liam said, ‘That’s why we got a different, nicer make-up artist who agreed to train you. As much as we love you Jade, we need a proper one.’

Wow. Thanks for all the support and faith there Liam. Love you too. It did make more sense though. I mean, I couldn’t do it on my own, and neither could she I'm sure. And I am more than willing to learn. I pulled away from Niall to look at all of the boys.

‘This isn't just some big joke, is it? Ashton Kutcher isn't going to spring up is he?’ I asked and they all laughed.

‘No, there’s no Ashton Kutcher I'm afraid. No joke.’ Louis said.

‘So I'm going on tour with you?’ a smile spread across my face as I realised what was going on.

‘If you want to, yes.’ Harry said. I stood still for a moment, just to build up the suspense. I then slowly nodded my head.

‘YAY! JADE’S COMING ON TOUR! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY…’ Louis bounced off the walls, repeating the word Yay so many times I lost count.

‘Jade’s coming on tour! I won’t be the only responsible one!’ Liam came over and hugged me. I hugged him back but I was really just looking at the sight over his shoulder. Harry and Zayn were kissing, just lightly, and it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life. I pulled back and gestured over Liam’s shoulder. He turned around and tilted his head to the side, letting out a little “aww”.

‘I'm glad you're coming… sorry about… ugh…’ Niall scratched his neck nervously. I just scooped him into a hug and held him tight.

‘Don’t worry Nialler, we all feel like that at times. Just talk to me if you feel like that again, ok?’ I said into his ear and he nodded. He pulled away, smiling that ever bright smile of his, any trace of worry or unhappiness vanished from his face.

‘OI LADS!’ I shouted over them, getting their attention. ‘Don’t we have a tour to be attending?’

------

‘I CALL THIS BED!’

‘NO! I NEED THE ONE CLOSEST TO THE FRIDGE!’

‘You'll be eating all night then Niall.’

‘And your point is Liam? Do you want me to starve? Is that what you want? Hm hm?’

‘I don’t want you to starve-’