chapter 8

I kept running as I made my way up to the boardwalk. I turned my head back and forth looking for kenzie and harris, it was pretty hard because it was dark and there was tones of people.

finally, I spotted them at a little icecream parlor where harris had his arm around kenzie, and ran over to them as fast as I could.

"kaitlyn what are you doi....

"hide me from Clay and Matthew!!" I screamed before kenzie could finish her sentence.

"what did they do?" harris asked licking his chocolate icecream.

"they decided....it would..... be funny....." I put my hands on my leg's gasping for air saying little parts of it,  since I ran like a half mile...it was pretty necessary.

"wow, whatever they did they really wore you out." kenzie said smiling while taking a lick of harris's icecream.

"yea they did, kenzie your gonna get mono or something exchanging spit on that icecream" I winked at kenzie as she was blushing with half angry face.

"I wonder were they are now?" harris asked looking at kenzie smiling cause he knew it was true :'). then he started looking back and forth then grabbing his phone out of his pocket to text someone.

"I have no ide...ahhhhhhhh" I screamed as someone came up behind me and put there hand on my mouth.

"think I found them" harris said stating the obvious but at the same time laughing at how ridiculous my face looked right now.

"Thanks for texting us Harris" Matthew winked at him.

my eyes widened at Harris. Clay removed his hand from my mouth as I turned around and Matthew and him were just laughing away as well as kenzie and Harris.

I was debating who to hit first, Clay and Matthew, or Harris. "you guys suck" I said trying to hold in my smile.... it was a little funny but they scared the shiz out of me.

"anything in particular?" Matthew said with a smirk

"wow, your disgusting" i said covering my mouth laughing.  I havnt known matthew for long but long enough to know he had an extremley dirty mind.

"well before start to get into depth about this conversation, how about we actuslly go get something go eat, im starving!" kenzie said still licking harris's icecream. kenzis is so small and skinny, but that girl loves food.

"yea,um, ok... says the girl about to get mono from licking that thing" i said grabbing the icecream from her hand it tossing it in the trash behind her.

"at least it will be from me" harris said looking over at kenzie smiling. im pretty sure he ment for that sentence to be sweet but that came out just..... weird.....

"yea haha,ok,no" kenzie grabbed my arm trying to just walk away from that conversation giving me a dirty look but i saw her small smile. i knew she liked harris.

we were all hunched over the boardwalk rail staring out into the waves as they crashed onto the beach. kenzie was standing on my left and barris stood on her left, then Clay was on my right and matthew was on his right. 

the beach breeze was starting to get to me, it was really cold. i guess Clay saw that i was cold and removed his black demwhiteboys hoodie and insisted that i put it on. he slipped it on over my head and pulled it down for me.

" it's so big on you" clay said acknowledging the fact that the arms were huge and the sweatshirt convered my my butt to were it didnt look like i had any shorts on under it.

"it smells so good" i said holding up the sleeves to my nose just embracing his natural scent with a hint of axe.

"why thank you, i try" clay said winking at me.

"thank you though, you really didn't have to let me wear it" still embracing his scent burrying my face smiling.

"that's what were supposed to do, really its no problem, plus it looks better on you anyways" Clay said stepping in to hug me which kept me even more warm. i burried my face into his chest, wow he really, and i mean really smelled good. tonight was so perfect.

  i took my phone out of my pocket, "oh crap, it's already 11:51!" i yelled interrupting the "moment" as i pulled away from clays hug.

"cassidy and mckenzie are going to kill us, if we are home past midnight". kenzie said to harris with a sad look on her face.

"we gotta run, we are never going to make in back in time" i said to kenzie waving her to go.

"bye harris!" kenzie said getting on her tiptoes placing her arms around his neck hugging him.

"Bye, Kaitlyn"  Clay said stepping in to give me another hug as i saw Matthew behind us moving hsi tongue and making like moaning noises cause he hugged me. i just rolled my eyes, he's so stupid :').

i pulled myself out of his hug grabbing the arms of the sweatshirt to take it off, but clay stopped me,

"keep it, it looks better on you anyways" he said blushing a little. i couldnt help but blush myself. i guess Clay and i were having a moment and once i got back to reality i guess kenzie matthew and harris were giving us that  "you guys are in love and you know it can you hurry up and kiss already look" kinda look. i didn't get want to kiss him though.....yet.

"c'mom we have to go" kenzie said pulling me away and we ran up the beach.

we finally got to the hotel and ran into the elevator. The way up was completeley silent, mostly cause we were both just smiling at each other.

we walked through the silent hallway and came to our hotel room doors. i swiped the room key as we we both walked into the room and closed the door behind us. i didnt see cassidy or mckenzie, i guess they fell asleep, which is good, id rather feel their wrath tomorrow.

i walked to kenzies and i side of the room and i walked into my room closing my door quitley behind me. i paused for a moment, and ran across the carpeted floor and jump into bed. not even bothering to pull the covers over me, i layed in the center of my bed embracing the warm of Clays sweatshirt, as i slowly drifted to sleep, dreaming about seeing his face the next day.