Worried sick

Ratchet sighed, cleaning up his tools and wiping energon off of the Medbay.

"Another long cycle.." he groaned, rubbing his optics and sitting down. He offlined his optics for a moment, slipping into a light recharge.

After a while, he woke up and yawned. He stretched his sore joints and cracked his fingers. He stood up, rubbing his back as he made his way over to his workspace. He washed his tools off and occasionally checked on Ironhide, who was laying on a berth after being caught in the crossfire of a battle.

He checked Ironhide's vitals, making sure he was stable enough to begin working on his cracked optic. He turned on a bright light, bringing out the delicate tools he needed to repair the sensitive mechanisms in the optic.

It took 3 megacycles of careful work, but Ratchet successfully repaired the optic. He sighed heavily, putting a protective bandage over it so Ironhide wouldn't mess with it. He cleaned up yet again and leaned against the wall, pondering something.

"Huh, haven't seen Wheeljack in a while. Where could he be?" Ratchet wondered, walking through the door out into the hallway.

He made the short journey to Wheeljack's workshop, peeking around the corner. He slowly pushed open the door, looking inside.

"Well, he certainly didn't stay up late. His workshop is spotless!" Ratchet said, walking into the workshop.

Everything was put away in its proper place, even Wheeljack's tools. The blueprints were neatly folded and placed on the shelf. His desk was clean and organized, with the pencils and pens in a small cup on the side.

Ratchet looked around some more, wondering why the Mechanic cleaned up so nicely. Something sparkled in the corner of his optic and he turned, spotting a bottle in the corner. He went over to investigate, moving aside a few books that were Wheeljack's attempt at hiding the bottle. He picked up the bottle and swished the liquid inside around, trying to figure out what was inside. He turned it in his servo, seeing a folded note attached to the lid.

High-grade to share with Ratchet, surprise him tonight by taking him out to watch the stars :)

Ratchet smiled, setting the bottle back down and carefully placing the books back. He decided to leave before Wheeljack came back and pushed open the door. He slowly closed it, making his way back to the Medbay.

He heard shouts and loud footsteps approaching and he started to worry. He quickened his pace, going to see what the shouting was about. He turned the corner to see a horrified Bumblebee trying to explain what happened to Optimus.

"What is going on? Is there something wrong?" Ratchet said, a hint of concern in his voice.

Bumblebee collected himself and took a deep breath, turning to face Ratchet.

"W-Well I was out on patrol with Bluestreak, Jazz, and Wheeljack and we were going through the canyon."

"Go on." Ratchet urged, placing a servo on Bumblebee's shoulder.

"All was going good, until we picked up a strange signal. Wheeljack insisted on following it so we started to drive away. We followed it for a while, until we reached an rock outcropping. We investigated it, pushing aside some rocks to reveal a tracker. It was a trap! Suddenly there was explosions everywhere! I-I didn't even know what was happening! It all happened so fast... I saw Wheeljack get hit.... I don't know what happened to him.." Bumblebee wiped coolant from his optics, shuddering.

Fear overwhelmed Ratchet as he looked at the terror in Bumblebee's face.

"Where are the rest of them?" Optimus said calmly even though his nerves were shot.

"I-I don't know... After the explosions stopped, I couldn't see them anywhere. I just took off as fast as I could to get back." Bumblebee stuttered.

"You mean you left them there?! What if they are severely injured or even captured by the Decepticons?! How could you just leave them!" Ratchet was furious, trying to contain his anger.

"Ratchet calm down, I'm sure they will be fine. I'll send out a patrol to find-" Optimus tried to calm Ratchet down but he ignored him.

"I'm going out to find them! Don't even bother following me!" Ratchet growled, transforming and racing out of the base.

"Ratchet wait!" Optimus went to pull him back, but Perceptor put a servo on his shoulder.

"He'll be back. You know how close he is to Wheeljack. He's probably worried sick.." Perceptor sighed, shaking his head.

"Your right... I just hope they're alright.." Optimus sighed, sitting down in a chair and placing his head in his servos.