Code Slingers the Musical

About this piece: A few years back, while sitting in my cube waiting to be laid off, I wrote this bit of insanity which has been described by those who've read it as "an absurdist opera." There are many cast members  so, in order to avoid confusion, I will introduce as they enter the stage. (BTW,  code slinger is slang for a computer programmer, particularly a good one.) 

First you will meet the Code Slingers and hear about their commander, the Mighty Sol:

JP: a prince among programmers. A large man, imposing, brilliant, unpredictable and hilariously self-deprecating. JP always speaks in loud, good-natured outbursts that can unnerve people who don’t know him.  

 MARCO: the romantic nerd, always looking for love but always running away at the whiff of a serious romance.  He’s a good looking man, not very tall, with startling blue eyes and dark curly hair, 

T.RAMBLER: the cool nerd. Always wears black, sly and darkly witty. Rambler is a tall thin man, bent slightly over as though conscious of being so tall. 

MALCOLM: Mr. Doom and Gloom, short, compact, poetic and, despite his dark cloud, basically a great guy.

SOL MALINEAUX:  The revered, unsleeping genius tasked with brokering an uneasy peace between the corporate world and the world of the code slingers. Known by all as "The Mighty Sol"

If you get disgrunted by my slowness in posting scenes - you can read the whole thing here, free of course: http://forumtfs.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/the-code-slingers/