Chapter 8 : Feelings

"Ohh just look at him. From the way he walk to the way he smile." Brenda said watching Hunter dreamily. Brenda is just one of Casey's friends from their circle.

"Who? " Layla asked. She took a seat in between Casey and Brenda while munching down the biscuits.

"Hunter." Brenda whispered. Her eyes following his every move. Casey didn't know if she was supposed to laugh at Brenda reaction or ignore it.

"That boy you are staring at has a hots on Casey. Stop it Brenda." Layla smacked on Brenda's head.

"What the heck. I know. Damn. That's hurt." Brenda hold her head while sulking at what Layla just did.

"Then stop it." Layla said without looking at Brenda.

"Hey, he's still single. Like how are you even sure that he still like Casey." Brenda glared at Layla who just shrugged at her question.

"Stop guys." Casey finally talk when she feels the tension between Layla and Brenda.

"I can date him because he still single." Brenda glared at both of them.

"You make any move, trust me that leg won't stay that way. It will bend." At that words suddenly Brenda and Layla laughed. Casey just shrugged at her friends weirdness.

The sounds of Casey's friends laughed caught everyones attention even Hunter looked at their way.

"Guys, stop it." Casey said while looking at her friends laughing hysterically.

"I can't." Brenda laughed.

Casey just watched her friends laughed. Their hands won't stop slapping on the table. Casey did too become a victim when both of them laid their hands on her arms while laughing so loud.

Crazy friends.

"That was really funny." Brenda said when they finally settled down. They wiped the tears from laughing so hard.

"We really need to join drama class." Layla said laughing a little.

"We really need. That's feels so real." Brenda said.

"I wonder where is Max." Casey suddenly asked when she didn't see Max half of the day they're in the school. It was lunch time already.

Casey eyes looked everywhere for the Max. He never absent without messaging Casey that he will be skipping class today.

"I finally realised that Max is not here." Layla said.

"Me too. That is really weird because he seems to be okay yesterday." Brenda gulped down her drink while looking at Casey.

"Hey girls." Luke greeted with Hunter standing behind.

"Hey, Luke. Where's Max? " Casey asked. Right after that words come out of Casey's mouth Hunter immediately turned to look at her.

"I'm not really sure." Luke said taking a sit. Hunter put his food tray on the table before taking a seat.

"That's weird. He didn't even message me." Casey said with a furrowed eyebrows.

Hunter just watched her without saying anything.

"How about you go to his house later. You guys live near right." Brenda suggested.

"I'll just call him later." Casey said back.

"How about no need to call and no need to go to his house." Hunter suggested earning a shocked face from Casey. She can't believe that Hunter just said that out loud.

"He's jealous." Layla whispered in her ear with that teasing smile. Casey rolled her eyes.

"He's my best friend of course I need to check on him. " Casey said while glaring on Hunter who seems to be still not happy.

"Whatever." Hunter grabbed a few of his lunch before walking away from the table and walked out of the cafeteria.

"What's his problem? " Casey said angrily still eyeing the cafeteria door.

"I've told you, he's jealous." Layla nudged at Casey while smiling widely with her eyebrows goes up and down.

"Stop it." Casey rolled her eyes because of how silly her friend looks.

"Keep ignoring it." Layla did the same thing again before she laughed at Casey expression.

"I think Layla is right." Luke agreed with Layla.

"I know your secret Luke." Casey said with a raised eyebrows making Luke to gulped down.

"Don't you dare Casey." His eyes flickered to Layla before he glared at Casey.

"What are you guys talking about? " Layla asked.

"Yeah, what are you guys hiding from us? "Brenda squinted her eyes at Casey and Luke who just grinned while shrugging.

"You will find out about it later." Casey said before she laughed because of how scared was Luke looked now.

"You promise me, Casey." Luke said almost crying.

"I'm not gonna break my promise." Casey laughed again.

"And once again, they left us out of their conversation." Layla said with Brenda agreeing with her.

"Ohh it's nothing." Casey laughed because of how funny was Luke looked now. He looked like a scared puppy hiding his tail in between his leg while showing a puppy dog eyes.

Layla and Brenda wanted to know but when Casey and Luke keep on showing that they're not gonna tell anytime soon to them so they chose to ignore it.

They continue eating their lunch before the bell rings signaling that their lunch time has ended.

Where did he go.