Chapter One

I locked myself in my bathroom. My eyes studied the mirror and staring back at me was someone I hated. Someone I could not stand to look at. The reflection of myself was just too much to bare. My hazel eyes began to water because the image in front pained me. I stared for a long time trying to come to terms with everything. There were voices in my head telling me how fat she looked. They told me how ugly and horrible that girl appeared. I was persuaded by these voices. I agreed with those voices. This girl I saw was all of those things. Nothing or no one could make me feel any different. This girl I looked at needed to go. I turned my head away, refusing to keep looking. I moved my way over to the toilet and began to puke.

* * * * *

The sun's rays were shining down on me as I ran through my neighborhood. I loved watching the serene sunrise as I went for my morning jogs. Surely I hated waking up early but it was all worth it to me. My long dark chocolate hair moved swiftly side to side as I kept running. The houses were a blur as I moved past them. Sweat dripped down the side of my face. My headphones were in and I ran to the music playing. The beat and rhythm energized me, it kept me going. Running came easy to me. It was something I've done all my life.

I controlled my breathing. Inhale... exhale... over and again. In through my nose and out through my mouth. My legs kept going and I was determined to keep running. So many things were rushing through my mind. I saw my house in the distance. A burst of energy filled my body and I ran even faster. Moments had passed and I was almost to my home.

All of a sudden something ran in front of me and I found myself flying to the ground. Skidding my bare knees against the pavement. I threw my hands out in front of me to save me from slamning my face into the concrete. A dog began to jump on top of me and lick my face.

Someone else came running closer. I turned my gaze toward the person. It was a tall guy, with dark wavy hair. He wore navy pajama pants and no shirt. He had well defined abs but that was one of the last things on my mind. "Oh shit! I am so sorry!" he yelled. The guy yanked the leash that dangled from the dogs neck like a snake and pulled the hyper animal away from me. He bent down and helped pull me up. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern in his voice as he looked down at me.

I looked down to my knees to see that they were now bleeding. "Yeah, just a small cut," I said as I leaned down to pick my ipod off the ground. The screen was cracked and it no longer was playing music. "My dog Bruno got loose and before I could get to him he ran into you. Again I am so sorry," he said. I looked over at the golden retriever and then back at him.

My cheeks turned red. I felt embarrassed. I completely busted my ass in front of a really cute guy and now my knees were bleeding. My knees burned with a bearable pain. "It's no big deal." I forced a smile to show him I was perfectly fine then started to walk away. Before I could even get away he was back in front of me with his golden brown eyes glistening at me. "My dog broke your ipod. I have to make it up to you." he said motioning to the broken device. "I'm Tyler by the way." Smiling sincerely as he spoke.

I shook my head. "I'm Ally. Thanks for the offer but you don't need to. It was my fault. I should have been paying more attention." I looked around awkwardly then moving my bangs from my face.

"So you live around here?" he asked. I turned my head in surprise. "Yeah. Right up the street actually." I said while pointing to my house that was only three houses away.

"Funny, because I've never seen you before. Well I'm not always up this early either. Maybe that's why I've never seen you around." he laughed.

It was a routine for me to go running when dawn approached. I had never seen him around the neighborhood either but then again I never really paid much attention to who lived around here. "Well, I should get going," I said anxiously. And with that I was off. I admit, it was a bit rude but I wanted to be anywhere but here. "Sorry!" he yelled one last time before heading back to his house with his dog.

I walked quickly until reaching my house. I shut the front door and ran upstairs. I felt humiliated and stupid. Score one for Ally.