Author's Note

"Sure, it was robots this time. But who's to say that it won't be zombies next time? And when the zombies do come, who's going to be ready for it? Me." — Marietta Weiss, Everyone Died + My iPhone Stopped Working: An Oral History of the Robot Apocalypse

Welcome to my long-anticipated and inevitably disappointing apocalyptic sequel, Everyone Un-Died + My Gardener Bit Me: An Oral History of the Zombie Apocalypse. If you haven't read the first book, I strongly encourage you to do, since it establishes numerous characters that continue in this one. It's also pretty funny. Or so I'm told.

I confess that when I started my first book, I had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to amuse myself (which I sort of did) and keep the narrative train from going completely off the rails (which I sort of didn't). It truly didn't occur to me that it would have any kind of following.

But thanks to people like @krazydiamond, @rmcneary, @tamoja, @LeighWStuart, @TheOrangutan (who made it a Wattpad a featured book) and most especially my Wattpad Guardian Angel @meghan (who not only made it a staff pick, but clearly brow-beat her colleagues into awarding it a Watty) it found its way to more people than I ever imagined. And with the gentle — and sometimes not-so-gentle — prodding of readers, I decided to take a run at a sequel.

Peer pressure, man. It's no joke.

I hope you enjoy this. And I thank all my readers, new and old, for putting up with my nonsense.

Joshua Sternin

@AaronRubicon